Another eBay find......CHEAP

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by John Davis, Dec 29, 2001.

1. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
  2. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Argh, I knew it was too good to be true, stupid reserves.... :mad:
  3. liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Gotta watch out for those reserves
  4. $25?! Just a sec...

::runs over and starts pulling up couch cushions, looking for loose change::

Rock on
  5. so explain something to me becasue I've read oever everything and am still not sure how it all works.

If my maximum bid is lower than the reserve and it is the highest bid, does the seller have to sell me it for less than what he was wanting to get? Or is the reserve price there just to make sure he recieves the minimum amount of cash he want's so the bass can't get sold unless he gets it?
  6. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001

:confused: im thinkin it boosts the highs and lows and cuts the mids.... but thats just me .... anybody know?
  7. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    the guys that put the item up for auction have a reserve price.....if that price isnt met at the auction, then neither side, the bidders nor the item owner, have to do anything....the price wasnt met, only if the highest bidder is above the secret reserve price do they get the goods.
    ;) crafty ;)
  8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I don't know about the Cort but here's an oustanding eBay deal on an MTD Grendel! If I didn't have two MTD Beasts already, I'd snipe it for sure! ;)

MTD Grendel
  9. I've played on one of the Cort/Curbow 5's before. Cool bass man. The funk switch is a switchable EQ setting. Cut mids/boost high-lows. Very playable little thing! But it got sold before I had any desire to really get it. Then I see the guy that bought it, while he was playing it out. Sounds great live. BUT.... the body started to wear down from all his playing, and the top of the bass is an obnoxious orange color, Ick. I guess that's the color of the primer they stick on top of the luthite. No matter, just paint. But what an amount of ugly under that body!
  10. well then, if thats the case with the reserve and stuff... I've seen a great deal on an Ibanez SR4000 for you yanks. I think It's currently at $100 with no reserve, but I'm not sure. You'll have to check it out for youselves. If this is the case let me know as I was dying to buy it because it looked like a great deal, but I cant coz im not in the US and I also have to pay huge import duties :(
  11. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I guess that Grendel is just chopped liver to you guys. :confused: That bass normally sells for over $1000.00! You don't even have to worry about the paint rubbing off because it's REAL wood. :)
  12. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    man. that MTD bid got closed and some dude won it for $582.. or did he win? i guess the auctioner decided not to sell. oh well
  13. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    $582.00 for what looks like a new MTD Grendel. That's a slammin' deal! BassNW has a used one for sale $799.00.
  14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Thing is, there ain't a piece of wood within 100 miles of that Curbow. "Luthite" and "Ebonol" are petrochemicals that volatilize to highly toxic substances when exposed to air. So unless you plan to play it in an anaerobic chamber, don't lose any sleep over not winning the auction.
  15. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I wasn't looking to bid on it anyway, BUT the neck is hard rock maple! There is wood on it. ;)
  16. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    So that's why I get so light headed when I play my Curbow:D
  17. Bassmouse3

Nov 12, 2001
    Valby, Denmark
    Come on munji! Do you really truly believe that the curbow factory would be allowed to put out a bass thats toxic to play? I think not!
    Besides, Ibanez uses lots of "luthite"( I know its a unique composite for each factory, but its the same basic formula.), and they have extremely high standards regarding health issues with their guitars and basses(Paint, materials, etc...)
    Best Regards, Bassmouse3
  18. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Apparently, you didn't notice the maple neck...