Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another eBay Gem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Mole, Jan 14, 2003.

1. blackbass

blackbass Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Aurora, CO
    That is one ugly bass guitar. Looks uncomfortable to play also. I'd rather just drink the beer.

2. some people will buy (and drink) anything!!

3. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    My guess is they eventually get $350 for it.

4. Looks lieka POS to me.

Would have been cool to have a sort of P-bass body shape, and then paint the body as if it was a bottle of bud.. :)

:rolleyes:

5. Hmm... at least the luthier didn't have to do too much job..."Oh, where did I put that surplus piece of wood again...? ah, there it is! I thought I had a Fender neck here somewhere...."
    I can't believe someone is actually willing to pay 3000 bucks for that piece of wood with a huge "Bud" sticker on top while you can get a decent and versatile bass on the same price. Shame on those weak commercial crap -buying poor souls...

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That actually beats out those toilet seat basses. That's the stupidest bass I've ever seen.

7. No! The 'seats kick! I REALLY want one...

Just to try it, of course. What I'm going to sue it for though, WELL. :D

:eek: :cool:

8. blackbass

blackbass Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Aurora, CO
    The toilet seat bass would look better the the bud bass for sure, but wouldn't they sound kind of crappy?

9. gdflash

gdflash

Dec 12, 2002
    Philadelphia, PA

It appears, though, that no one has bid on the three grand opening price...a small victory for taste and common sense?:D

10. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    If anyone bids wants to bid on it, they should get in touch with me first. I'll make them _brand new_ one for only $5000, hardly more than the Buy It Now price.

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Oooohhh!!! Will it come with a matching six-pack? :D

12. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Check out the link near the bottom of the auction

http://www.partywithoutpain.com/

Alcoholic maintenance products. Duuh yes, I need a 40 ct. bottle of these, but I don't have a drinking problem . . . :rolleyes: I am so proud of my addiction that I'll purchase a $4500 bass to advertise it . . .

13. I think his ad should read, "Use Buy It Now and I'll throw in a free keg"

14. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    hahaha... haha... uhhhh

BIN price is $3500? What an idiot. Doesn't he know that he should lower the price if nobody wants it?

15. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That's an awful lot of money for a bass that's only good for hanging in a bar/rathskeller.

Maybe Beverly Bakes made it, (his wife).

The bridge masking much of the "B" in "Bud" shows how much thought went into this sorryass thing.

16. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'd rather play the bass than drink the beer though!

17. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

so would vinnie fodera....oh my god....that is..what the heck is that guy thinkin'? and a BIN of 3500? oh no...

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

How long before Mimi puts that one in the Amusing Basses thread?

19. AHHHHAHHAHHAHAHHA!! toilet seat bass....sounding crappy!!! ohhhh!! hahahhhaa!!

i think i'm the only one who caught that!

ok..i'm ok now...ahem..

and yes, that has got to be the most rediculous thing i have ever seen. you think they could have centered the "BUD" better? sheesh...my 5 year old could make a better looking bass than that...ok...probably not.