Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another effect order help question (sorry!)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassWombat, Jun 16, 2005.

1. I've been mucking around a little with my effects and trying different orders... but I just thought I'd check and see if the collective brains trust here might have some different suggestions!

Here's the pedal selection:

SansAmp BDDI
    Chunk AgentOOFunk envelope filter
    Demeter Compulator
    Unibass
    Prescription Electronics Experience fuzz/octave
    Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive (bass modded) - not getting much use since discovering how good the Experience fuzz is with bass.
    Ernie Ball Volume Pedal (with a TU2 hanging off it)

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts... (yes, I know it's really about what "I" like the sound of, but seeing as I'm still experimenting I'm open to any suggestions!)

2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I'd put the Vol/Tuner up front, the BDDI at the end... so:

Vol/Tuner
    Experience
    Chunk
    Compulator
    Unibass
    VooDoo Sparkle
    BDDI

This keeps the compressor from messing with the ability to drive the Experience and the Chunk dynamically, but provides the Unibass with a solid signal. Some folks find that the compressor causes problems with controlling downstream effects. But I would also try this:

Vol/Tuner
    Compulator
    Unibass
    Experience
    Chunk
    VooDoo Sparkle
    BDDI

If you wanted to drive the downstream effects with the utput of the Unibass. It really does like the levelling of a compressor on its input.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'll help you if you promise to post some home recorded clips of the Chunk Funk

4. As soon as I get myself sorted with a home recording set-up I'll sort your Chunk fix... but I'm in the midst of getting a new set-up so it might take a little time. In the meanwhile, have you checked the samples at the Chunk site? They are pretty accurate assesments of how it sounds IMHO. Go here if you haven't already...