1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another fake Schecter on eBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Simon Langley, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Simon Langley

Simon Langley

Jun 19, 2007
    Chico, CA
    Remember when these went around the first time. Feel free to report it to eBay. I already have and broke the news to the seller if he doesn't already know.

2. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Schecter or not, at a buck and 4 (currently) I'd say that's pretty good value. $35 shipping is reasonable too.

It's not as if the guy is trying to pass it off as a vintage Fender, but nice of you to set him straight.

3. 10 to 1 that that's a plywood body, but if it can be bought cheaply enough it might make a fun project.

4. At that price, you could have a far nicer SX.

5. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    He posted your comment on the page, so he's not trying to hide the fact. Plus he pointed out that the body looks cheap. I wouldn't report it. I don't think he's trying to rip anyone off.
    Plus, if someone is dumb enough at this point to spend a grand or something like that on it, well then they deserve to lose their money :smug:

6. At what price? It's sitting at ten bucks right now.

7. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    +1

Absolutely a plywood body. The black forearm contour is a dead giveaway. It covers the plies. No one paints a burst like that unless they want to hide the plies.

8. Yep. It's pretty much a dead giveaway.

9. Everybody is talking about making it into a project bass.

After you dump all kinds of money into it, you could have just had a nicer SX to begin with.

But, project basses ARE an awful lot of fun.

10. Well, to be honest, if I bought an SX I'd probably yank out the cheap pots, jack, wiring and maybe the pickups right off the bat, making it a project bass. Same thing I'd do to that plywood "Schecter" if I got it.

I always have one or two project basses on the workbench these days.

11. Yeah, I suppose you're right.

Wish I could do that. Seems like I never have a positive cash flow, though. :p

12. Mine positively will flow. Right out of my pocket!

:)