Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another fine quote from Mixerman...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Superfrappe, Mar 14, 2003.

1. "I don’t think it’s by accident that Johnny's the lead singer of the band. Not because he’s an exceptional singer, because he’s not. But rather because much like a 3 year old, he is egocentric, and is of the belief that the world revolves around him. If one tries to have a normal conversation with him, it is only a matter of moments before the conversation is manipulated into a self-indulgant conversation about his experiences in life. Once that happens, one can’t get a word in edgewise, and might as well not even try. Usually when that occurs, I just let my mind wander elsewhere as he chatters away. If somehow you are allowed a moment to speak of your own experiences, he cuts you off and goes right back to tlaking about him. He finds very little humor in the words of others, but finds himself to be absolutely hysterical. He’s the kind of guy that I loathed having to work with, and work is where I had to go."

:p

2. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I need to print that one out and put it on my singer's lyric stand. :D

3. although with all these put-downs of other people's character, I sometimes wonder what Mixerman himself is really like as a person......

I wonder what's happening with the Bitch Slap album- will it ever get completed?

4. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    yeah id really like to hear the outcome.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I've been wondering the same thing. We need an update!!!