1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another floppy B thread

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Black 'n Tan, May 31, 2005.

1. I bought a Spector Euro 5 neck-thru. Don't know what kind of strings it has .... they are kinda dark-blue/purple at the top where they connect to the posts.

Anyway, I need some string recommendations so my low B is as tight/taut as possible.

Thanks

2. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    DR Stainless Steel Low Riders .45 - .125. That's what I use anyway and they're not floppy on my Laklands.

3. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Sadowsky stainless regular guage has a very solid feel on a 34" scale. Its got a taper core so you'll have to adjust the bridge, but I'd give em a shot. I also like the DR high beam .128, but I've mostly used it on a 35" scale.

4. Fill

Fill

Oct 5, 2004
    ROTO SOUND R665LC 130 IS THE B

5. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Are they long enough to go through the body?

6. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    Yes they are. That's how I run them. As you probably know the Lakland 5502, 5594 are a 35 scale. No problem for the DR's.

7. Thanks guys.

I just ordered a set of the DR lo-rider steel strings.

8. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    After putting a set of High Beams on my Sadowsky 5, I can say for sure that the Sadowsky stainless set has a tighter B. You really have to feel that thing to believe it. Overall I like the sound of the DR set better, but that Sadowsky B owns em all.