Another G&L Trribute thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    If I order natural finish on my Tribute. Is the natural going to have big thick wood grain or the lighter wood grain?
    The Website shows 2 naturals. All the pics I've seen show the two naturals to. How do I know what one I am getting?
  2. It depends on the piece of wood. Almost no two pieces of wood are identicle, though they may be similar. Even the same kind of wood can look very different. Unless its from the same tree, its probly not going to look exactly the same.
  3. [​IMG] Don't know about them all, but thats my tribute anyway.
  4. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Thats how I want mine to look. Its so amazing.
    But if it came like how I keep thinking it will. Then I would be like "Oh mine is the best" But deep inside I would be saying "Oh wood grain you are so blocky. If you only knew my true feelings"
    I hope it comes like that:D
  5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I don't know the answer to the finish question...but I do know this: I just got a used Tribute 2500 about a week ago. Perhaps the best $400 I've spent in a while. Really nice bass.
  6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    400 what!!!! I'm spending 1000!!! Some people get lucky.
  7. Thats 400 US dollars. Dont know what the conversion is though.
  8. well 400 US shouldnt be too much more than 500 CDN
  9. That seems pretty high then. It shouldnt be twice the price just for a new one.
  10. $400 US is $474.203 Canadian. Cool little conversion table. ;)
  11. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Chef bought his used for $400. So if Coutts_is_god buying one new it will be around 559 US = 662.861 CAD, so depending on where your ordering it from that $1000 is pretty steap for a Tribute. I have to admit the Tribute's are a very well made bass.
    I to have a Tribute L-2500 but I traded for mine.
  12. It depends on the model no??
    I think it's more expensive than this in Europe....

13. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I orderd Premium it's $795 plus tax. Canadian prices are the the list price. So it comes out to $914.24. SO they're are pretty much taking my $86. Normaly I wouldn't let them take my $86 but I really want this bass and This is the only dealer in my area. Unfortunitly I have to take this on the chin.
    Considering they want 2 grand for an American G&L that is used.
  14. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Why not order from or used? They're cheaper.
  15. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I've done some research. Turns out for a Canadian buying bass' with a list price over $1000 can get those bass' cheaper online or in US. The average savings is like around 200 or more. Bass' that cost more. The saving goes up sometimes even $400. Then you lose out on warrenties and gas money, stamps, shipping. Sending the bass places to get it fixed. Its all a factor.

Used market stinks. Only seen Fenders, Ibenaz and cheap bass'. I could keep looking and looking but come on. This is my second bass. Been playing my squier for 4 years. I need a new one:D

I should have wrote I instead of Canadian.