Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Gabu Extraveganza! (new tuneage)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Gabu, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    The drums don't go super well, I just kinda slapped em in there to have something to play along with... I haven't thought up words yet, but I do have a melody in mind. But anyways, I am not a very patient guy... so here it is! ;)

http://home.earthlink.net/~gabu/new-beat-c.mp3

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Hey that sounds like it came straight out of the 80s :D
    no offense ;) its nice and solid, I want to hear the melody...I could definatly picture vocals to this being high and ac/dc meets rush or poison styled :D no offense again....;)

check out the new recordings I added to my "webpage"
    click my WWW tab and scroll to the bottom, past classical thump....they were done with my school.

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks man. :D I will rebump this after I add the lyrics... It should be interestink.

Checking your stuff now.

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    That sounds pretty cool. It definitely has a vibe from yester-year ;) I like it!

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I like your tunes. But I can't listen to the afro one. It is saying page not found.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Geocities is lame like that...sometimes it won't allow pages to load due to bandwidth constraints. One thing I am bad at, is writing lyrics, I wish I could, I'm good at poetry, and at rhyme but for some reason when I sit down to write lyrics(unless its for a rap) it just doesn't work out.

I just checked my page...looks like I had a typo...it should work now.

7. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks guys.

Here is a newer installment, in case you would like to hear where it's progressing.

The recording isn't too good. I am usually a new computer that desperately needs a new sound card! Also, the drums are just tossed in, so they will change and hopefully be more in grove with the bass.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gabu/new-beat-01-23-03.mp3

8. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    you gotta wail those vocals man! Scream and shout! your girl doesn't really love you! make her! :D