1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another GC sale

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TimboSlice87, Nov 29, 2010.

1. TimboSlice87

TimboSlice87

Nov 21, 2010
    Guitar center is having "cyber monday":15% off single item. I just bought a new amp on black friday, and now i have an excuse to buy more ****, although i really shouldnt. lol.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I was at GC on Friday, and used my 15% coupon on something mildly lame ... Mogami bulk instrument cable. One of the salesmen in the bass department was trying to get me to buy that little Ampeg head and cab thingy, and I told him I'd already used my coupon and he said, "Oh, I'll give you another one."

3. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    Well, i just went to the GC website for a quick search. I'm looking to buy a Classic 60s Jazz, or some black jazz to mod into a 60s.. When i search Fender, i get no results..

Im up here in Canada and we dont have GC, but they offer 10$ shipping so i thought i would look, but does GC really not stock fender basses?

4. Dudelike89

Dudelike89

Jun 27, 2010
    CA
    I see fender basses. They may not stock the one you are looking for, but they do stock fender basses.

5. The 15% coupon for Black Friday had so many brand exceptions that I didn't even find it worth going in for. I'm looking to get the P Bass Special and the coupon didn't work for that. Any idea if this "Cyber Monday" has all the exceptions the other coupons did?

6. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Hmmm. My coupon had no brand restrictions. Not good for vintage and couldn't be combined with other promotions.

7. Hmm... I tried to buy the Fender on Friday and it wouldn't let me. Looked at the "fine print" and it led me to guitarcenter.com/couponexclusions

Maybe I should have gone in store :-/

8. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Ahh, maybe that's the difference. It looked like they were letting us use it on anything in the store.

9. 15% of what price? List, suggested retail, sale price? You can usually negotiate anywhere from 20 to 30% off even without a coupon.
    They use the coupon as a gimmick to get people into the store. There really isn't any savings.

10. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    You may not be able to use the coupon online for Fender but I'm sure they'd apply it in store....maybe even over the phone. They were willing to apply a "Fender excluded" coupon towards an Am.Std Jazz after the coupon expired last summer.

11. tripp2k

tripp2k

Oct 31, 2010
    DFW-TX
    They will apply it in the store even if they have to order it online for you. Picked up a VT Bass on Friday doing this. The Cyber Monday coupon doesn't appear to be working...maybe it starts at a certain time today.

12. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    15% off their "Guaranteed Lowest Price", whatever that means to their legal team.

13. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I got a Squier VM Jag for $255.00 with my 15% off coupon..... It's a really nice bass!!!