Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Gear Question for Mr. Manring

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Stewmc5222, Jul 16, 2002.

1. hey Michael,

this is Stew in New Orleans. hope all's been well. I was just wondering if you still keep the ADA preamp in the studio and if so what you think of it? I'm putting together a monster rig to go with the 8 string behemoth and the preamp is the last link in the chain. thanks for the time,

from the low end,

Stew

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi Stew,

I mentioned this in the first "Gear Question for Michael" topic, but I'll summarize here, too. The ADA is cool, but I think you might want to give it a try before you buy it. It works beautifully and is well made but it does have a particular sound, even with all the voicing options. Could be just what you're looking for, though!

3. thanks Michael!

sorry to repeat myself, but I was afraid you were only going to respond to new posts. I actually have a lot of preamps I want to try out but New Orleans isn't the ideal locale to run my trials. looks like there may be some travel in my future...

thanks again and take care,

from the low end,

Stew