Another gig last night :)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ldiezman, Mar 22, 2002.

1. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Ok so we had a gig.. and we were the closer.. well there was this group.. not even a band... a group of guys who have huge egos.. and tried to go behind our backs to be the closer band... so they thought they were going to be the closer.. So they get to this place and the singer (who is the reason i can't stand these guys) was like "so you guys are going on before us?" and I said "Nah.. we're the closer, the way its supposed to be".. he was pissed off. he has a huge ego.. so he said "well. you guys are a better closer anyway."" and i agreed..

Well we get up on stage. I have never seen so many people.. and they were all there to see us so they were going crazy.. they heard about us last time and so many freakin people were there. not room at all in there... Not to mention our two new singers who are all about R&B and Gospil.. We Combined it with our Funk, Rock, Jazz style.. Well we started with Sir Duke,got a standing O.. then we played an original or two.. people liked it.. Then we Played Simply Reds "If you don't know me by now".. got a standing O.. then we finished with a version of "I will Survive" the place went absolutely nuts. As soon as I sang the first note people were jumping up screeming.. then when the whole band broke out.. i thought the walls were gonna collapse...... the place went wild.. It turns out that crowd was the largest crowd in the history of that place... It was great..

Sorry I just had to share my joy :)
  2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Wow....what a cool gig :)

That´s the ultimate rush of playing, hearing and seeing the crowd go nuts :)
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You guys rule, plain and simple.