Another Great CL musician wanted ad... Should I jump on board?!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dasbusking, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Heckens yeah!

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. yes, and show up at rehersal with four hundred and twenty carrots and a practice amp

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. Rich and famous???

Rich and famous??? (Lisbon)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    (google map)

I've been in Ohio about a month, I write music because I love it I was meant to do it I'm so tired of Socom use this and saying they want to get something going and then when you end up jam and all they want to do is get f***** up too many people are telling me I need to be in a band and get these songs out if you're a good player and dedicated I would love to get something going and I promise you everything when I show you my songs you'll jump on board cuz I'm ready I'm tired of messing around and I'm totally down with doing anything that you guys are written hit me up I sing and play guitar the vocal Melodies are up spot on and so is the music of course I would want you to put your own flavor to it it's a bands do no egos man I don't mind people drinking cuz I like to drink every now and then definitely 420 so hit me up my name is Tad I got a little practice amp guitar effects pedal with a drum machine on it I wish I had a PA but I don't and honestly if I'm showing you my songs I shouldn't need a PA to sing right boom LOL
    • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Screenshot from 2018-01-27 10-05-54.png

2. Member8675309

Member8675309 Inactive

Aug 19, 2017
    Nashville, TN
    I’d like to start writing without using periods seems fun

Mvilmany, JRA, Wisebass and 5 others like this.
  3. Hey Tad please describe your project in one sentence.

4. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    "Cuz I like to drink and definitely 420..."

No kidding?

Wow. I thought I was good at writing a long rambling sentence but this is taking it up a whole 'nother level.

mohrds, JRA, Wisebass and 5 others like this.
  5. Looks like everybody else already posted my answer. You should meet with Tad but only to explain punctuation.

6. Member8675309

Member8675309 Inactive

Aug 19, 2017
    Nashville, TN
    Commas are important people

JRA, Wisebass, Nashrakh and 2 others like this.
  7. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    I particularly enjoy the gibberish leading into an apparent complaint in the first part of the ad about "all they want to do is get f***** up" and then the latter half of the ad is the "I don't mind people drinking cuz I like to drink every now and then definitely 420"

Not, as you might say, a consistent and rational pairing, but then, the gibberish does lead one to believe that the latter is perhaps ruling the day here. Or we have one of those fine folks who think that they "handle it well" and only the people around them get foshizzled up (which I assume is what all those asterisks are hiding) and they are seek others of high-minded high&drunkitude like themselves to band with.

So I guess you should call if you drink some and smoke dope a lot, but in no way ever get floundered up (another possible interpretation) while doing so. If you brought a bag of punctuation along with the carrots I'm pretty sure it would get mis-used in all sorts of ways.

8. ICM

ICM Supporting Member

That's almost as bad as having your task bar on the side as oppose to the bottom!;)

Seriously though, talk about a "stream of (heavily altered) conciosness", that guy went off! Something tells me that based on the way he writes adds, he's not a very structured individual and that lack of structure is probably reflected in his music.

Stumbo and BassCliff like this.
  9. Easy now... don’t make fun of my nerdy Linux :bookworm:...

mohrds, BassCliff, Nashrakh and 2 others like this.
  10. theduke1

theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    It looks like a three(3) page paragraph WOW

dasbusking likes this.
  11. ICM

ICM Supporting Member

Trust me I have no room to speak, I've got an HP that works about 10% of the time!:roflmao:

dasbusking likes this.
  12. Comma Conservation Society

pcake, Wisebass, Stumbo and 2 others like this.
  13. Rum Ham

Rum Ham

Jan 28, 2018
    Ohio
    Avoid Tad. Either he is in a full blown manic episode, or he over indulged on ADHD meds.

dasbusking likes this.
  14. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    Proper reply:

Cool.
    Let's jam.
    Mormon?
    Many notes.
    Perhaps soon.

mohrds and JRA like this.
  15. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi!

Gafaw!!! :D

"a bag of punctuation"!!! That's purdy funny right there. Thanks for the hilarity. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Wisebass, T_Bone_TL and Stumbo like this.
  16. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    That ad was painful to read. I think I just felt my IQ drop.

17. Mark_70

Mark_70

Dec 31, 2013
    Minnesota
    I would pass. There's no way I could be in a band with a guy who doesn't believe in punctuation.
    Regards
    Mark

mohrds likes this.
  18. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    I bet some of his songs are named,
    Ramble On
    Rambling Man
    CL is full of them.
    If you want to play/gig , hang around working musicians.
    not clowns & wanna be dreamers.

19. fourstr00

fourstr00

Mar 21, 2002
    Chicago Area
    It’s like ee cummings and Cormack McCarthy got together for an enthusiastic tirade.

pcake, mohrds and Gravedigger Dav like this.
  20. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    It's good to have goals

JRA and Oddly like this.