Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another group of idiots to be sent to the Kulaks...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Money, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    People who you do not know that just pick up YOUR damned instrument and start playing it and messing with your equipment. I hate these people.

It has happened to me twice this month!

The first time was at marching band practice... each section was off doing its own thing... That day we got a new tempani player. For the sake of insulting him, lets call him "Big Dumb Idiot" or "BDI". It was his first day there, and already I didn't like him. He is one of those kids with yuppy parents who enroll him in soccer, church groups, clubs, etc... just to provide useless "structure." We have a 5 minute break, so I go to get some water... I come back, and BDI is sitting on MY amp playing MY bass. I would not have cared much normally, but I get over there, and he had gotten chocolate all in strings because he was to stupid to clean his hands after eating a hershey's kiss. I told him to give it to me, and he looked at me like I was doing something wrong.

THEN in the middle of playing "Baba O'Riley", he gets off the tempani, and comes and turns my amp all the way down. I tell him to turn it back up, and he says no, and not to tell him what to do. I get up, give him the "I'm gonna kick your ass" look, then tell him if he messes with my gear again without asking me, his face will magicly run into my bass 50 or so times and he will owe me money to get my bass fixed.

He leaves my stuff alone now.

Then it happened again today. Percussion and beginning band are in the same period, and we are out in the parking lot practicing. The pit and drumline decide that they should switch trailers, because the one the pit was using had some big shelves, and we have like 9 drum sets that we need in the trailer this year for a song we are playing....

I go to start moving drum equipment. I look over, and some n00bz0r fr35hm4n is playing my bass, and doing some bad things to my amp. It was on asphalt, and he was looking for the on switch. Instead of walking around and looking for it, he just pushes the amp so it spins around on its pegs. THIS WEARS THE PEGS DOWN EVEN MORE! And now if I want to get casters for it, it will be hard as hell to get the screws out since they are so worn down. I yelled at him, and he complied. Next time, I go to the teacher to tell him that he needs to tell people to keep their paws off other peoples equipment.

[/rant]

Anyone else have problems with sub-grade life forms such as these?

2. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I shall put those people on my "to be slapped" list.

I haven't had problems like that....but if I do, it'll be after I've bought a Steinberger. Indestructible, and the perfect shape for beating dumb fools senseless.

"mess with my equipment eh?" *THWACK!* "better think about it twice next time bud!" *THWACK!*

*wipes blood off on their shirt*

;)

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

They'll never learn if you don't tell them.

One has to learn respect. I always ask if I can "check out" someone else's instrument. Even in "jam session" situations I assume that people have an idea how they want their gear handled by strangers.