1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

another happy bongo owner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smitcat, May 17, 2005.

1. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    Well, I was able to pick up my bongo a couple days ago, and i couldn't be happier. I moved about 5 weeks ago, and i told myself that if i got a job within 2 weeks, i would buy myself another bass. I also had a birthday coming up (which was the 14th) so I would use anything I got from that as payment. So I scoped out GC, and found a black/black 2hb 4 string bongo for $969. After trying everything else out, I kept coming back to that bongo, and fell for it, as many others have. I wanted a different pickguard color, but the guy knocked the price down to $939 (no case). So i didn't complain. So i have a white pearl pickguard on order from pickguards.us, and have a bongo!!!! absolutely amazing. My camera doesn't work, but I will put some phone camera pics up in a little bit. I see that EB has some new models coming out, but to me, nothing can touch this bongo, i wouldn't trade it for anything !!!

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Welcome to the club!

I've purchased a couple of pickguards from pickguards.us and have been extremely happy with them. In fact, I'll probably be ordering a couple more in the future...

And, I'm like you--I think the new EB models are nice, but I prefer the feel/look/sound of the Bongo. :D

3. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    today is the first day that i have really been able to sit down with it and really play. I am amazed at how this bass feels and sounds. Every note is clear, and there are so many options for sounds, which are all completely useful. I also hardly ever play at the bridge pickup on basses, but this one just feels so comfortable. I love all the basses I have, but this one is the most useful of them all.

4. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Congrats. I too am looking forward to seeing the new Musicman basses, but plan on continuing to favor my Bongos.