another happy bongo owner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smitcat, May 17, 2005.

1. smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    Well, I was able to pick up my bongo a couple days ago, and i couldn't be happier. I moved about 5 weeks ago, and i told myself that if i got a job within 2 weeks, i would buy myself another bass. I also had a birthday coming up (which was the 14th) so I would use anything I got from that as payment. So I scoped out GC, and found a black/black 2hb 4 string bongo for $969. After trying everything else out, I kept coming back to that bongo, and fell for it, as many others have. I wanted a different pickguard color, but the guy knocked the price down to $939 (no case). So i didn't complain. So i have a white pearl pickguard on order from, and have a bongo!!!! absolutely amazing. My camera doesn't work, but I will put some phone camera pics up in a little bit. I see that EB has some new models coming out, but to me, nothing can touch this bongo, i wouldn't trade it for anything !!!
  2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Welcome to the club!

I've purchased a couple of pickguards from and have been extremely happy with them. In fact, I'll probably be ordering a couple more in the future...

And, I'm like you--I think the new EB models are nice, but I prefer the feel/look/sound of the Bongo. :D
  3. smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    today is the first day that i have really been able to sit down with it and really play. I am amazed at how this bass feels and sounds. Every note is clear, and there are so many options for sounds, which are all completely useful. I also hardly ever play at the bridge pickup on basses, but this one just feels so comfortable. I love all the basses I have, but this one is the most useful of them all.
  4. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Congrats. I too am looking forward to seeing the new Musicman basses, but plan on continuing to favor my Bongos.