1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Happy Dean Bromberg Owner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FL Knifemaker, Jul 18, 2007.

1. I had limited experience with the 5 string version. (I bought it damaged and have plans for the pups and guts) I kind of new what I was gettin into :)

I just picked up a 4 string from a fellow TBer. The last few nights I spent installing new strings, TI Jazz Flats and making some adjustments. It took a little time to get the internal pots adjusted but now it's just plain AWESOME!! :hyper: I was able to quickly adjust the bridge and truss rod perfectly to my liking, no buzz, no problems.

I've never been big on Korean basses but these things are damn incredible!! The range of tone is amazing, more versatile than any other bass I own. The Piezo bridge adds more tonal options than I can really put into words. For slapping, it adds lots of zing and sparkle. For finger playing it can provide an almost fretless sound. One thing I really like is the way the neck is shaped and sized. It has normal jazz bass string spacing but there is some added width to the neck. I like to pull and bend my strings and with the extra space, they don't fall off the neck :D The body shape might be considered strange but it really works. Easy access to the upper frets and NO neck dive. All things considered, a perfectly designed and executed instrument :) I'm calling it a keeper.