1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another happy Ishibashi customer!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Horny Toad, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    Just took delivery today of my brand new CIJ 70's reissue Precision (PB70B-99US VNT/M). Every positive comment I've read about Ishibashi was right on the money. Just a pleasure to do business with. Top-notch customer service. 2 days from Tokyo to New Jersey. Amazing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D :D :D :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

2. masprague

masprague

May 6, 2007
    looks awesome!!!

can you hook me up with the site you bought it from???

thanks

3. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
    BEAUTIFUL bass!

This one made me a satisfied customer:
    Greco1PostRings02FXd.jpg

Pickup rings are made by the amazing Dave:
    http://www.fretsonthenet.com/

OK.
    There are links to their used page, translated pages, and contact info here:
    http://www.ishibashi-music.com/

NOTE: In Japan, used can be VERY good. The bass may just need cleaning and a setup....

4. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Inactive

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    Wow how much for that p bass? and how much for customs?

5. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
  6. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    With shipping, it came to about $760. No customs charges.

7. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    Beautiful bass dude. I dig those pickup rings too, makes a nice difference.

8. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    I thought they stopped selling instruments to American customers... what was that whole big deal about?

Looks great, everyone needs a nice P in their lineup. :)

9. Man -

That is one sexy a$$ P-Bass!!!!!

How much does it weigh?

10. Did you order the case from them aswell? If so, what was the upcharge for it?

11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I actually had a somewhat negative experience from Ishibashi. When I got my bass (sunburst Jaguar), it came with a white pickguard rather than a tortoise one. I emailed them back about it. They told me that they checked the bass before they shipped it and it is impossible that there is a mistake like that. They pretty much blamed me for their mistake saying that it must have been my fault. They refused to send me a replacement tort pickguard. The only way I could have fixed the problem with them was to ship the bass back to them so they could ship me a new one. No way was I paying the $100 in customs charges again and who knows how much more for the shipping there and probably the shipping back here.

Aside from that, I am very pleased with the Jaguar and the speed of the delivery. As well as the service up to that point.

12. It was your fault, you know....
    There's no way they could have made such a blatant error...

just ship the bass to Ishibashi Australia (pm me for the address ;) ) and we'll get it sorted for you. :p

13. Manol

Manol Too Sexy To Be Left Handed.

Oct 9, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Is it just me or do they not sell this model anymore, I can't find it :crying:

14. Niff

Niff

Mar 18, 2007
    New Zealand
    that's a japanese trait, sadly. not necessarily just the business.

i went to ishibashi a few times while i was over there, bought a couple pedals, patch cables, strings etc for pretty cheap. the people there are really really helpful and know their stuff as well.

15. Slaphound

Slaphound Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Horny Toad,

Thats a beautiful bass. I was debating on buying that or the 57-80. I ended up with mine and I never looked back. That is a true P bass. Tone fit and finish. Well worth the money. Unless you went custom shop, you got the best bang for your buck. I love the head stock decal too.

Here is the one I bought almost 2 years ago.

PB57-80US

100_3637.jpg

16. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    If I'm not mistaken, they never stopped selling to individuals. I believe the issue is that Fender Japan cannot export to U.S. Fender dealers.
    Something like that. I had no issues whatsoever ordering from them.

8.8lbs. on the digital bathroom scale.

No, that's my Fender tweed case from Musician's Friend. $179, but worth every penny.

Not sure why, but it isn't listed on their web site. Just email them and ask for model PB70B-99US VNT/M.
    When I wrote to them, I didn't even know the model number - I just attached a picture that I had found here on TalkBass.
    They got back to me the next day with the model number, price and ordering instructions.

[​IMG]

17. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ

Now that is one fine lookin' Precision. Dead sexy. :D

I'm really impressed with the quality of my two CIJ Fenders (Precision and Jaguar). In my opinion, they aren't quite to the level of my MIA Precision,
    but they also aren't $1000 basses. I'm not sure my MIA is $300-$400 "better".

[​IMG]

18. Slaphound

Slaphound Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Yeah Horny,

Maybe they have better tuners on the MIA but other than that I cant see how the MIA is much better. Oh and probrably the finish on the MIA is better. And I think a good american P by Fender is close to 1200 buck.

But were happy.:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

19. has anyone from US had to pay customs?

20. I've bought 2 this year, and I haven't paid customs yet.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2021