1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

another I love my Sadowsky bass thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HMZ, May 15, 2006.

1. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    My new Sadowsky MV4 59 sunburst.I know another I love my Sadowsky bass threads sorry but here I go.
    I actually got it like two weeks age but I didn’t have time to post.
    I really love this bass great neck and very powerful preamp and it is so light. Can’t wait to do my next gig to really try it out.:hyper:

Attached Files:

2. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Nice. Dig the mint guard.

3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Nice! I was one who kind of rolled his eyes at all these Sadowsky threads a while back. I decided to take the plunge about 8 months ago after I had the chance to play a few of these over at Low Down Sound (I have an NYC RV5 and an NYC Modern 5 on order).

The more I play it in a gig situation, the more I like it... it ALWAYS seems to sound good... no matter the playing situation, the amp, etc. It doesn't 'blow you away' when sitting home and playing solo, but it really does have that 'certain something' that allows it to really sit well in a mix.

I ran into a friend of mine who plays bass in the same freelance population of groups that I do. He said that a number of players who we've both played with recently commented that 'Ken's Sadowsky really sounds great'. Cool!

The fact that the neck is solid as a rock (I still haven't had to adjust mine), and that the bass is one of the lightest I've played adds to the enjoyment.

I still totally dig the '70's J Bass on Steriods' Celinder thing... but for a solid, 'meat and potato' J Bass oriented sound that works very well in most situation, you can't go wrong with one of these!

Have fun with it... the more gigs you do, the more you will like it IME. :hyper:

4. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Beautiful. Now you got me drooling all over myself until my RV4 comes in later this month!

5. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    I have noticed "Talk Bass" is big Sadowsky country ... around here it is Lakland, although I personally don't have one, many of my friends do. I am kinda interested in checking out the Sadowsky no-hum pickups for my Fender J bass though.

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

After just 13 months I am literally wearing the finish off the neck of mine: nitro is disappearing from the treble edge of the fingerboard (side, not front), likely from my wedding ring (I enjoy using the monkey grip sometimes). This isn't a defect... it simply shows how much I've been playing the darn thing!

I often say that my Fender is my Fender and my Sadowsky is my Sadowsky: I love 'em both and vive la difference. But my Sadowsky is a couple pounds lighter than my RB5, and that's another big reason why I use it a lot more than Fender!

7. RudeMood

RudeMood

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I actually prefer the Sadowsky single coil PUs to the humcancelling. The HC's didn't seem to cut through as well since the mids are slightly scooped. Everything is well shielded so the hum is minimal (or non-existant) for me. Roger suggested single coils when I told him I was experiencing some problems in the mids getting lost in the mix. The SCs have more bite IMO.

8. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Exactly like the one I just got (I had Roger add VTC). I really dig mine too!!!

9. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds

Welcome to the club.

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That's a sweet bass! Sure could use a tort pickguard though. :bag:

11. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    What I most repect about Roger is his ability to turn simplicity into a thing of beauty. There is just a certain elegance to his touch.

[​IMG]

You will notice there is no extraneous knobs and silly controls trying to do the "wow factor" in his work. Just simplicity at it's finest.

12. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Why you gotta be a playa hata!?

13. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    :confused:

If you are jealous of my Sadowsky, just come out and say it. I understand not everyone can afford the best. I certainly wouldn't judge you if you are stuck with a lesser bass such as a Ritter, a Wal, a Lull or some other such Sadowsky wannabe.

14. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse me while I go change my underwear, now that's just class! Someday, I'll own one too, someday!

15. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I hope you are using SADOWSKY strings on that bass !!

16. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    What colors does it come in and can I get it with VTC?

17. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

LMAO!

Nah, I think I am covered. :smug: :D
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Nice, Sadowskys rock ! :bassist:

19. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx

I use the stainless steel Sadowsky string. I tried the nickle and it sounded nice, but I felt I got better projection with the SS string. I was thinking about trying an Elixer coated string. Any Sadowsky owners tried one yet?

20. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Nice! We of the Sadowsky brotherhood gotta stick together! :bassist: