Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another "I wanna get started into basses"...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Serpreme, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Serpreme

Serpreme

Dec 12, 2005
    thread. I was wondering whats a bass i should buy for around 150-200. Also a amp to get. I'm just looking to have to check out my feel for it.
    I suppose what i am looking for is brand names and model types. I plan on checking them out personally and trying out the feel before i make the purchase,just want to know what i should look for.
    Yes i did look for a similiar thread like this,and no the newbie links didnt help me in this specific field :)

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Really? What search words did you use? You have to use the right search words to get decent results.

Here is what I came up with using the search term "starter bass":
    Recomendation For beginner bass..electric..
    help buying son a bass
    best beginning bass guitar for under $200?
    New to bass....need help!
    beginner bass

Search term "$200"
    best bass for $200?
    Etc, etc, etc..........

Thats all the work I'm going to do for you! ;) Use the right search words and you really can find a lot of useful info here at TB. :D

3. Serpreme

Serpreme

Dec 12, 2005
    Thank you very much!
    all the words i use were apperantly to common and too short. :p thanks again!

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    No problem! :bassist:

Yea, some words are worthless with the search feature. Choose wisely my friend! :p

5. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    SX! rondomusic.net

Other than that, take Kelly Lee's advice.