Another Informal TB Meeting

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by anonymous0726, Nov 24, 2002.

1. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Ed Fuqua stopped by my gig tonight -- and a neat switch it was, too. It's the same gig with the same guy at the same place where we met recently, although in New York time it was about 1000 years ago, only this time he was buying booze and I was getting it on the house. He sat in and played Isabella and sounded great -- sounded like his bass, actually, by the middle of the second tune.
  2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I had the pleasure of meeting and bass-hanging with the Donosaur a bit on my brunch gig. Sat in and played -- and brandishing The Stick -- and sounded great. Nice, big, dark sound, Don-O. Thanks for stopping by!
  3. So Ed,

Did you notice Ray's annoying ability to get out more notes than an alto sax when soloing in thumb position?

It was nice to play with no amp.

And enjoyable to talk about the bass with a bassist who knows where it's at.

15 minutes from my house; I'll be back.
  4. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Something's gotta stick to the wall eventually.

I look forward to more hanging.
  5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I'll take that challenge if I ever make it to the city. Think there's any relation between the java and the number of Thumb Position notes emitted? Just wondering....
  6. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Only if I have to pee.
  7. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I've had the great opportunity to meet and hang with Mr. Da Mook a couple of times over the last few days. He hung on my gig the other day, and me on his last night.

Mike's a great guy, has a real good Strunal, has nice instincts on the instrument, but mostly I would like to point out that if Mike is there, he always seems to have some incredibly dashing young lady with him...

Good meeting you, Da Mook.