1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Is It Legit Fender? Too Good To Be True (Not Precision/Jazz Bass Content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tyohars, Aug 12, 2019.

1. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    Jakarta, ID
    I found this on local forum, it's too good to be true. I know the pickups not original, but how's the other thing? It's only 380 US$ when converted. If it's real thing, should I pull the trigger? Is it worthy? Usually it sold more than 1000 US$ here.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hachimitsu Pie likes this.
  2. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    Jakarta, ID
    Anyone? No?

3. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    I have no idea. The neck looks odd to me though. Almosted a roasted look, as opposed to and aged neck. I don't know anything about music Masters though. I'd probably still but it if it appealed to me though. Looks really cool!

4. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    Jakarta, ID
    I know, right? Just waiting for Fender expert to chime in tho.

flojob likes this.
  5. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    When you run the serial # through guitar dater .org what comes back? I can't read it or I'd run it myself.
    There's a red 1974 Musicmaster for sale on Reverb right now. Your body looks to be the right shape. Of course the finish has been stripped and body irreversibly altered by routing out for what appears to be a pair of Hofner style pickups. As is the bass has zero collector value except for perhaps the neck, so it's your call.

6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Very odd as if it's been sanded; stained, and baked under the sun or hot lights in an auto shop to look older than it is. According to Reverb, Squier had a Musicmaster bass in 1997. This could very easily be one of those with counterfeit decal.

flojob likes this.
  7. It looks good!! I'd go for it.

8. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I like it. I'd buy it myself for that price. I don't really care if it's "real" or not.

InstantEctobass likes this.
  9. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    Jakarta, ID
    I don't have the serial number, but every bass I input there not always recognized. I don't mind the value, but I do care if it's real or not, just for my own satisfactory lol.

10. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I tend to think it's a real Squier that has been modified, and given a fake Fender decal.