Another Jaco Tribute... "Gospel for JFP III"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by PlayTheBass, Apr 22, 2005.

1. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Anyone have this CD from MoonJune Records? I'm listening to an MP3 of "Three Views of a Secret" right now (they list it as "Three Views of Secrets"(!) on their home page)... the first one I checked out was "Teen Town" with Marcus on it, and the section they chose was a cool jam, but I certainly wouldn't have picked it out of a line-up as being that song, or any Jaco song for that matter. Let's just say it ain't your father's Teen Town!

Sometimes I like Hiram Bullock's playing, and other times it just sounds like he's wanking away.

Anyway, I just got a promo e-mail from them for this album, so that's how I came across it. It's got some heavyweights on there for sure! I'm curious if anyone's heard the whole thing, and how good it is.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ouch... good morning anya .... ouch
  3. Benavent rules - he's vastly underated outside of Spain - a really brilliant musician - glorious bassist - and he plays with a pick on fretless...and he does it exceptionally well.

I have a copy of this CD on the way for review - I'll give you the low-down when it arrives