Another misc-like forum?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Nomadic Herder, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Hi. I've noticed that there are many of us who play guitar, drums, etc as well as bass. I know there's the Miscellaneous forum, but it seems that questions regarding other instruments just don't belong/go over well there. So maybe a board about non-bass instruments?

Oh, and I'm really sorry about not supporting. My parents, being crazy and all :rolleyes: won't let me. If I could send a very well concealed $20 in the mail, I'd be all set. I've wanted to support for quite a while now. :(
  2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    You think youre parents are crazy?Mine dont even like me going on TB.My dad was like "theyre might be weirdos on this site,and they could find information about you".he think the whole world is mad.hes way too protective.i told him that i never post,so he doesnt care as much anymore.;)
  3. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    HA!I'm gonna say that to my dad next time he bothers me.Thanks!:D
  4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure how far TalkBass should venture in the non-bass realm... I guess I'm thinking most people take their non-bass music-related questions to other forums...

Anyone have thoughts on this?
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I was thinking about that the other day... a lot of people are requesting things like guitar forums, peer mediator forums, car forums, (I'm sure someone was thinking of it ;)) and whatnot. I would think that people who post regularly at different specialized forums would have better answers than we would. Especially peer mediation... I mean, crap, we're bass players, not trained phsycologists.

There are lots of forums on the internet. Hell, there's a forum I post at that is about 1995-1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlos. That's it.

There are answers out there people, on other forums. Of course, there really is only ONE bass forum... ;)
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    maybe a "Miscellaneous/Instruments Forum" and the regular miscellaneous/music forum
  7. When I have a non Bass related musical question, like the rare guitar question, or something relative to the didgeridoo, I just ask in Misc. But bass is my primary instrument, so I don't have very many non bass related musical questions.

I always thought the misc. forum was the focal point for non bass related musical posts, and off topic was for non bass/ non music related posts.

I think we are ok with just one Miscellaneous forum, and one Off Topic forum.
  8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
  9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I'll volunteer to moderate the car forum........:D
  10. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000

Well this is called Talk Bass right?

IMO the miscellanious or off topic forums are appropriate for these kind of questions