Another Mystery Bass! 7 String Edition!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassboy4714, May 2, 2012.

1. This just showed up on my local craigslist without any description other than that it has 7 strings and is fretless. Not too many makers out there who do 7 strings that would even vaguely fit this price point (asking $300) so I figured I'd turn the question over to the community. Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Looks like an Antoniotsai bass.

Check out this video.

Do a Google search for "Antoniotsai 7 string bass" and you'll get a mixed bag of info. There's a lot of negative stuff out there about his basses. So I guess you'll have to judge for yourself if you like it or not.

3. Slapstyle

Slapstyle

Dec 3, 2009
    Maine
    Looks like one of the cheapies I see from Chinese sellers floating around on evilbay. It's a good looking bass, but I'm guessing the build quality is crap. What I'd want to know is the dimensions of the pickups so I can find replacements if they're garbage.

4. Slapstyle

Slapstyle

Dec 3, 2009
    Maine
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Can't speak to the quality. I've been intrigued, and considered a purchase, but can't bring myself to do it. If you pick it up, let me know what you think.

5. coyote1

coyote1

Mar 23, 2012
    Hmmm. Being fretless, there would be no intonation problems.... Having just returned a fretless that had trussrod issues I would be careful, but it might be worth a look.

6. Thanks for the quick ID, everyone! Oh the things you can find on eBay...

7. Is it the company that also make the ones with about 7lbs of inlays on the front of the body? Those are so cheap,that you could buy one with food-stamps.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021