1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another new bass purchase - Buyer's remorse (guilt)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cyborg, Sep 9, 2019.

1. A lightweight 4 string is essential piece of gear. My 8.4lb P Bass is my #1 gigging Bass.

Gig that bass until you recouped your initial investement. After that, effectively it was free.

Cyborg and Scott Loveless like this.
  2. kre84u

kre84u

Sep 11, 2019
    NW Arkansas
    I love this outlook! IOW, do what you want, time's a'waistin'!

Cyborg and PianoOfDoom like this.
  3. Cyborg

Cyborg Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Lowcountry, SC
    Yes, that is the ultimate old school mod!!! I hope this mod nails it for you.

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  4. Cyborg

Cyborg Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Lowcountry, SC
    I agree, lightweight basses are essential gear!

I plan on trying to make a few bucks with it. ;)

Groove Doctor likes this.
  5. Cyborg

Cyborg Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Lowcountry, SC
    I really appreciate a lot of the comments here. Some of the comments really hit home with me.

I wanted to give an update on how this is going down. Monday evening I was completely ridden with guilt hence this thread. Yesterday, the guilt had faded a decent amount but it was still there. My wife told me today not to fret over it as "we" might not even like the color in person and that would be the end of it.

First, I bought the Aqua Sparkle and it's drop dead gorgeous in person. I haven't seen Aqua Sparkle in person but I was hoping for more blue than green. This would have been a deal breaker and I had expressed my concerns to the mom & pop team I spoke with.

The ebony fretboard is pretty cool looking. This is my first instrument with an ebony fretboard and it has some very subtle white lines in the grain that looks really nice. Oh yeah, I had the shop weigh it and I was told it was 7.9 lbs. I weighed it myself and it's 7 lbs. 14 oz. WIN!

The WAF is off the charts. She loves it and said I need to get rid of that bass with the maple fretboard (Lakland) and maybe consider sending the other SR 5H back and getting a lightweight Aqua Sparkle as well. I said I had 0 leads on a 8 lbs. SR5 in Aqua Sparkle but I've seen a couple of 8.5 lbs. in Charcoal Sparkle SR5H. She said I should think about it, since she really likes the Charcoal Sparkle and she said shes not into black instruments as a general rule but the Charcoal Sparkle looks cool and she likes the black hardware too.

She knows I love Stingrays and we discussed the weight issue of the older ones. She said she remembered the one Stingray I had that was almost 11 lbs. that killed my shoulder and wanted to know how the weight varied so much. She said she didn't really keep up with what I have etc. nor really cared but she remembers ones she liked that looked good to her and ones that gave me fits. Color me very impressed.

I'm still feeling a little guilty but it will pass.

NikkiVibes likes this.