Another new project.... sigh....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dark Horse, Feb 17, 2010.

1. It would be cool to do something completely different from other EB's, like a tremolo, some bright active pickups, and a 3-band preamp.

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The only thing is that I dig what EB's are about....thumpy fat lows.

;)

3. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, I just posted that one to show you that I dig the basic idea you are going for. :)

Just keep me in the loop and maybe we can make something happen for a cool bass project.

4. vicvarado

vicvarado

May 10, 2008
    Sabinal, Texas
    I saw that bass on cl didn't know what they were worth and thought it was a typo. Didn't make much sense to research since I'm almost 4 hours away but do check every once in awhile, since alot of those folks say they'll meet in San Antonio when they go down that way. That would cut the trip in half, anyhow awesome find, and is there a thread detailing that pbass and what you did to it?

5. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

Yep - too cheap to pass up. Not like I needed another bass or another project, but for $50....well, I just had to buy it.

The P Bass...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614903&highlight=dirnt+squier

6. vicvarado

vicvarado

May 10, 2008
    Sabinal, Texas
    The other thread was interesting. Can't wait to see what you do to this bass.:)

7. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
  8. vicvarado

vicvarado

May 10, 2008
    Sabinal, Texas
  9. Finally someone that understands my philosophy.:cool:

10. Yea Dark, I'm in that crowd to. I just like to tinker with 'em wether I need them or not. I'd like to find one of these cheap and pimp it out. I vote for ice blue metallic with tinted clear. Sort of an aged pelham blue look.

11. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's precicely the color I was thinking about when I mentioned Pelham - I remember one of the Reranch guys doing that and it looked killer.

12. I think I have a pic of it saved somewhere. Give me a minute.

13. Here it is

IMGP4007.gif
    IMGP4008.gif
    IMGP4013.gif

14. ^ hot damn i think if it had a mint guard on it i would go insane haha

15. What about inserting stainless steel inserts into the neck? From what I've read it will supposedly give you a set neck type of sound and eliminate dead spots.

16. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's the one !

17. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's a good idea...I have some brass inserts here anyway, so I could use those. I can only foresee one potential issue....I would think that there could be alignment issues if you have to shim the neck (since the neck would be tilted and the screws would still come in straight), and these basses often need to be shimmed due to the bridge...worth investigating for sure though.

18. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I added a second pickup and a selector switch, wired volume / volume

That's it for today.... still haven't decided on a color, of if I'll just keep it this way.

EBO1.jpg

19. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    That green color with a mint or aged pearl pickguard would be so gorgeous.

20. vicvarado

vicvarado

May 10, 2008
    Sabinal, Texas
    The EB-0 looks that much more awesome with that second pickup!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021