ANOTHER new Sadowsky!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Email Roger & he will mail one to you. [email protected] but lump gave an acurate price range.

No. Regular maple/maple.

2. Jeff in TX

Jeff in TX Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Lone Star State
    They can actually go a bit higher depending on the option and the quality of the top.

By far, the best money I have ever spent on an instrument.

Jeff

3. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    WI
    i was just wondering if it was worth looking at...
    but no.

thx tho

4. You can find used Sadowsky instruments on consignment on the Sadowsky website with honest descriptions and good prices or on Ebay.

5. I generally agree. Solid colors look cool when they get beaten up and you see the underling base coat and wood showing through....IMHO. I also like crazy finishes like the one on my Sadowsky strat in the link shown below. Otherwise, show 'em the wood.

6. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    In my very personal taste, I say you were right to remove that white pickguard. JB-style basses generally look greater without their pickguards.

Anyway, with or without a pickguard, this bass is really sweet.

All the best,

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, nice bass nino. when's rog gonna start making 7's? :D

8. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    He said after you sell all your Conklins, he'll make a "John Turner Signature Series".:D ;)

9. Jeff in TX

Jeff in TX Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Lone Star State
    If Roger made a 6, my search would be over...

10. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    BTW, there's a used Sadowsky for sale in Paris. It's a 24-fret with EMG pickups, in excellent condition, and the shop covers it with a 2-year warranty.

Since the French price of this model is around $ 4200.00, and this one is around $ 2800.00, do you think it is a good deal ?

I attach a picture of it.

Many thanks,

11. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    It looks like an early-mid 90's Sadoesky. The pickups are upside down which is weird. For that kind of a dicsount I'd buy it.

Since the pickups were messed around with, I'd make sure that the pre amp is original. In the early 90's Roger used a Bartolini (I forgot the model) then he moved on to using his own that Roger & Alex Aguilar designed.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021