Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Newbie Question about 1st bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WWoodworth, Aug 25, 2002.

1. WWoodworth

WWoodworth

Aug 22, 2002
    Ok, I know y'all get tired of these, so I'll make it quick... Hartke bass, NT5 5 String, 3 pc neck and humbucking pickups, new for $279. Good deal? Gonna be ready to chunk it out the window in 2 weeks? And, most importantly, has ANYONE heard of the NT5? I cannot find any info on it. Is it a holdover left in someone's inventory and they are trying to ditch it? In case you wanted to look at it, it's on www.Samash.com, under the 5 strings. Thanx for your time, all abuse and advise will be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, where do I pick up my key to the executive washroom? I really gotta go bad....

Thanx!

WW

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I can't comment on that specific model, but the Hartkes I've seen up at the local Sam Ash seem competent enough.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, sam ash is part of the same distributorship that handles the hartke stuff, so that migh be why the price is so nice, then again, i've never seen that model anywhere - can you put up a pic of it? or direct to it?

4. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    go with essex

5. WWoodworth

WWoodworth

Aug 22, 2002