Another Noob Amp Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pawn, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Pawn

Aug 5, 2005
    Hello, some friends and me are planing to make a small band. It will have a drummer, Guitar, and bass (me). After reading on I have decided that getting a used Peavey TNT 115 is the way to go...But I don't want to spend $300 before we put the band together and not have it happen. So what is a small practice only amp that would work good with an Ibanez GSR200. I want to spend as little as possible but I don’t want a headphone amp thing.

2. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Personally that makes no sense considering any good practice amp will cost you around 250-300$

Look at it this way, go ahead and get the used peavey tnt 115 for around 300$ and if your band dosn't stick together you still have an amp that is capable of small bed room practices and small gigs. Trust me I know I own one, and use it everyday.

Why would you want to go shell out 200$ for a little dinky combo, and then say your band gets going and you need a louder amp, your wasting money essentially.

I play with 2 guitarists who have 120 watt 212 combo's and my peavey keeps up quite good, I just have to EQ it right, and I don't have a problem, some may think 150 watts isn't alot but it has worked for me for little over a year with my 2 guitarists.

GET THE PEAVEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Pawn

Aug 5, 2005
    Ohhhh. I guess i could just sell it if i need to

Check that out.

4. ive used my peavey firebass with a 410 cab for practice for long enough, bedroom practice that is, and i got it before i was in a band that needed it, the one im in now doesnt even require it
  5. bassontherun

Jul 9, 2005
    Not sure what the pawn shops and guitar stores carry in your neck of the woods, but here in Houston Peavey is staple pawn shop fodder. We see lots of Peaveys (and equivalents) in the large-practice-amp arrangement (100-300 watts, 12" or 15" spkr) in the $100 to $300 range. The nice thing about Peavey is its relative volume to watt ratio. The suckers are stinkin' loud! I've found Peavey's 60watt, 12" combo to work very nicely against a guitar and drums in rehearsals (used the 60w KB series in a couple of small classic rock bands-- disconnected the 1" horn and had a great bass amp).

The TNT series are great amps! If you are interested in spending a little less, look over some of the other used Peaveys in your area. You may find some perfectly good amps at half the price you're considering now.

Good luck!!
  6. Pawn

Aug 5, 2005
    Hmm..ill have to check pawn shops..never evean thought about that..Thanks for all the help