Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Nordstrand Thread - Soundclips?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gruuv, Jul 4, 2005.

1. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Just curious to hear some soundclips of Nordstrands... I've checked the ones on Carey's and Todd's sites, but does anyone have any in a mix from a studio session, live gig, etc...?

2. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    I have been doing a bit of recording with a friend in my spare time (HAH!) and I can probably get a couple MP3's mixed down sometime over the next few days. I'll probably host then on my forum until I can get my pickup site formatted and set up.
    For now I have some NJ4SV, FatStack, and I'm thinking about doing a MM4.3 clip as well. Any requests for anything else?

3. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Yeah, let me know when the NJ4SV clips are up, Carey - I'm interested in the comparison between these and the NJ4 and NJ4SEs (which I already own and love dearly). :)

4. CN,

Where's the "Hot Chicks That Play Nordies And Hang Out In The "Downtown" Yucaipa Denny's" thread? Come on already!! Ante up the pix!!! Or, we can just slap some lipstick on Adrian Garcia and that will have to suffice for now...... :)

JT

5. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    OK, I got a SV clip up on my forum. PM me if you want the direct download address.

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I worry about you, man.... :rollno:

7. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Dude, I like Adrian but IN NO WAY do I want to see him in lipstick, EVER! YIKES!

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    well, there was that period during the glam 80's..... :eyebrow:

9. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds

Shhhh! LOL Trying to forget that myself.

10. If at all possible now or in the future, I'd love to hear the same bass whether it be 4-5-- or 6 with various pickups in it, playing the same performance. I have done that with alot of guitar pickups and many guys have been most appreciative and bought alot of Dimarzios consequently. It's a pain but I thought I'd throw that out there.

11. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I might hijack a little bit and ask what preamps you mugs are using with your Nordstrand pickups. Right now I'm running a bass with a Smith pre into NJ4SE's, and another with an NTMB-3 into NJ4SE's. I'm thinking about swapping the NTMB-3 out for an OBP-3, as Carey seems to use and advocate this pre. Any input? Is the OBP-3 a better match? I like the NTMB-3 OK, but it may be a little thin/bright for my tastes.

12. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Reviving a dead thread, any soundclips anywhere? Particularly Fatstacks.

13. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    +1

anyone with double coils?

14. Daffy Funk

Daffy Funk

Nov 10, 2005
    Could you post clips of your P5 p-pups?
    Its just immpossibe to find soundcilps for any 5string P pups,
    I beg you:bawl: