Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another pickup question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassist4christ, Dec 18, 2005.

1. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    Ok say I have a set of P bass pickups and one jazz pick up for the bridge spot. How would I wire them together? Do I get a jazz wiring kit, with the wires and pot, and wire them all into that kit, or what? Thanks ahead of time for the help.

2. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    Someone help me please

3. a jazz wiring kit is the way to go if you don't want to the hassle of an al-a-cart wiring job.

There's no difference in the wiring between a passive PJ (precision-jazz) and a passive JJ (jazz-jazz)

the only thing you may want to ask yourself is if you want it to be Volume/Volume/Tone or Volume/Blend/Tone

4. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    Which is better? Which is easy to do?

5. VVT is slightly easier.
    VBT is claimed by some as better, although some claim that it robs tone (disputed).

I have a PJ with VVT and it doesn't make make much difference to me since I don't change too much on the fly.

6. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    You wouldn't happen to know how to wire it up for V/V/T do you? Or know where I can find it?

7. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005