1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ANOTHER piercing question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dan.ablett, Jul 27, 2007.

1. im going to a "GLITZ AND GLAMOUR" themed 21st tommorrow night, where it's all about the bling.

i was thinking it would be a nice touch to go out and get my ear pierced just for the party, and then remove the jewellery on monday.

i dont particularily want a pierced ear forever, just for the weekend. is it worth it? will i get a scar or infection in my ear if i deliberately allow the hole to close?

also, id want a stud with a fake diamond in it. (you know, the bling). is it possible for that to be the original piece of jewellery they put in? i know you arent ment to change it for a few weeks, but yeah. its really just for the weekend, dont have the time to mess about with it.

and in closing, is this just a dumb idea?

2. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    Yep!

3. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    nothing is ever pierced forever

4. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    I concur.

5. ok, i actually know its a dumb idea.... but its a special 21st and i wanna do something over the top for this parrty. anyone wanna give the OTHER listed questions a shot?

6. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    You can get a fake non pierced earring.

NEVER GET PIERCED BY A PIERCING GUN!!!!!!!!!!!

7. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    If you do plan on doing this, they have studs with the diamond in them. You'll have to go to the mall to get it done. Probably a better idea, since going to a professional studio will cost a bit more than you'd want for a one night thing.

People may think you're kind of weird for actually piercing your body vs. buying a fake magnet piercing at the costume shop. :)

8. kinda what im going for. but if its gonna get infected or leave a noticable scar..... i could take it or leave it.

9. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    I'm fairly certain you won't get a scar from piercing your ear with a 20 gauge gun for one night.

You need the attention or something?

10. .............yeah:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

11. It won't get scarred and it'll close up, but if you get it pierced you should probably keep the stud in for a couple weeks if possible. Nothing like getting an infection, pulling out the stud, and having the hole close... hello antibiotics.

12. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    I was squeezing ear cheese out of my closed up 10 gauge hole for a few years after the fact. Gross. And the smell... ugh (I had to smell it).

13. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I seriously doubt my nose will ever heal After being stretched to 2 guage I dont think the cartledge will grow back. Also my ears will be pierced forever. After 7 years of not wearing any jewlery I could easily slide a pencle through them.

But to answer the original OP, if you get the stud you want and go to a shop(NOT A GUN I have had 20 somwthing piercings, your ear may throb froma gun piercing) and have them pierce you it should be no problem. Ask them to use a 16 guage hypodermic needle or smaller if they have it. `4 guage is a little too big if yyou want to make sure it wont leave a mark. Sometimes the 4 guage needles take a chunk of flesh with them instead of parting the skin. The stud will be 20 or 22 guage and will easily fit on the end of the hollow needle and be left in your ear without a hitch. Unless you scar easily or the guy is a real moron you should be fine.

BTW, get referances for where you go to get peirced. And make sure and thell the bug angry tattooed guy in the corner that you are "doin' it fo the bling".

Jonathan

14. +1

I think they are actually illegal to use over here now, but im not 100% sure on that