1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

another plus for the audere

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ()smoke(), Mar 15, 2008.

1. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    last night i discovered another reason to like my audere jazz pre--i switched on the low Z mode while practice late at night through my little 1.25 watt guitar combo

normally, when i play thru this amp, it can get a decent whisper-quiet sound for practice, but it lacks a full, round bottom due to the small speaker...the low Z switch fattens this sound up immensely for quiet practice, and since i don't have to turn the amp up much, the driver stays cool as well

for whatever reason, i hadn't thought to use it until last night...but it works well for me

i've used the audere (vol-vol-tone) now since December, and i've had the chance to play the fretless jazz into which i installed it at loud jam-room levels thru my SVTII as well as low-medium volumes at home...it's a great preamp, and exactly what i wanted in that it retains a very 'passive' sound with controls set at center detents while offering flexibility for tweaks as well as bigger changes to my sound (the high Z was cool to use for some distorted guitar-esque riffing in my experimental project)

all in all, it's a great, musical addition to my bass:)