1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Preamp vs Head thread..Eden related

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RicPlaya, Apr 14, 2006.

1. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    Got the old WT800..not the B. Since I will very soon be a proud owner of a Schroeder 1210 (thanks to KJung;) ) I have been thinking about swapping out the old WT800 and going pre amp/power amp. I have a Crown that puts out 1100 at 4 ohms..a nice match for the 850 watt Schro to really push it and make it punch. Since the old WT 800 only allows me to get 400 watts at 4 ohms, I was condering selling it and investing the cash into an Eden Navigator or something like that. The Nav has that great EQ..A better compressor than the old WT800, and a lot of flexability for whatever I need to do in the future. I was just getting your opinions on the Eden Nav..or is there any other Pre's that would be better suited for the Schro stuff with passive P/Ric basses, in the same price range? I could upgrade the WT800 for $500, or just off it and use the cash to get a pre and use the Crown amp I already have...Hmmmm. The infinate wisdom of TB members is always appreciated.

2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Whatever you do, don't give up the Eden. Either get a Nav or upgrade. I sold my 550 and bought another one in a few months. Love that Eden tone.

3. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    The decision comes down to how much gear you're willing to bring to a gig...if you don't mind having a heavy 4 space rack, then sell the WT800 and get the Navigator. But if I was you, I would upgrade the 800 to B specs and just carry a 2 space rack to gigs...

4. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Another vote for upgrading to the 'B' specs ... why carry extra?

Liam

5. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    That's 500 bucks more and I dunno after I heard what happend to Munji I think it was trying to do his upgrade. I can get a Nav for what a WT800 older version sells for. I got the amp already..we are talking like a few more lbs (I'm already cut my cab wieght in half)..better compressor, tube warmth knob, totally versitle pre amp..no more funky bridging options. But you guys dig the Nav? I think it will sound better than the WT800. I think to older compressors on the Edens are a little funky IMO.

6. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    i'll vote the other way, i'd much rather have the nav/crown than the 800. the seperates will be heavier and a little bigger, nothing drastic enough not to do it though imho.....