Another price question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobbybass85, Mar 7, 2006.

1. I cant believe i'm asking this, but i just built a Fender style jazz bass a month ago. It has Signature J-bass body with Signature axis pickups. The neck is allparts and is absoulutely perfect! it's in perfect playing condition and was in near perfect cosmetic condition til at it's first show a pedal was dropped on it leaving a dent and paint scratch on the body just abouve the pickguard (where the finger smudges are, sorry no pic of the dent). I just found my dream bass for sale at a steal of a price but being in college can't afford both, so what would you pay for this bass in the said condition?
  2. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    that's a question for someone who knows more. Consider it a bump. I know what I'd pay, but it's not my dream bass, so. lol
  3. Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    The ding in your bass is cool. You can relax now because till you get the first one you'll be worried about it.

A bass with out a ding hasn't been used enough!

As far as what to do about getting a dream bass well that's a different matter. First off, your home made bass although beautiful may have little resale value. Even though it may very well be better than a Fender, people want the brand.

So how creative are you in financing your dream bass. Figure out a way to get the cash. Borrow, beg, do extra gigs, take an additional job, plead with family members, glom off your girl.

Or wait till you can afford it.