Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Primus Post...why not?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xolin, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeyHeyHey, Bob Cock here...

or not...

I just saw Primus here in TO. ****ing sick concert...although i dont see why les says DMV is a "bitch for me to play"...whatever...good **** anyway. I got right up in front of him. Then I went moshing...then went back. Anyway, good show...but as with every Primus live bootleg ive heard...people throw things and he gets pissed. At least he had finished the songs when it happened. people are just stupid...and i like Les' no taking **** attitude. Maybe itll stop some people. Whatever...if you were there...that WAS a big pine cone. He did a "pretty little pinecone (icecube)" ditty with it...funny stuff. Loved the concert...although some parts seem lack lustre...most of it was great. Ler like was too stoned to playor something...he skipped out on like half his solos...weird. Drum solo kicked no matter what people said. I finally know how to play Fish On properly (fingertapping..heh) and they played osme ofmy favs (DMV, Defy Laws, Frizzle,etc). Well, during the concert I thought...it really isnt too hard for him to play this stuff...then afterwards i remembered that he had pretty much invented a new style of play and a new (if its a style at all) of music in general. Plus those things he wrote are cool...easy to play or not. He's a witty little guy (heh, bush can play some good bass) and I just like primus all the more (well...i did like them enough to sing along to every song...but now...well i forgot my point)...late night...goodnight....

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

because there are already a large number of primus posts, and you could have just as easily posted in one of those. :rolleyes:

I saw primus recently too(as have MANY TB'ers), I didn't make a new thread about it.

3. oneoftheway

oneoftheway

Nov 27, 2002
    Arrgghhh.. Why cant he come back to Australia...... Not fair.

When he comes to Australia im gunna launch something big at him!!! Muwahahah

You will know if its me when he does an interview and goes "man Australia is a real funny place, i had some dude throw a 2 foot salmon at me"

4. HardRockZombie

HardRockZombie

Jul 4, 2002
    yeah i was at that show last night. I was intense. Some of the stuff dragged on, like most jam bands. I dug the drum solo though. And any self respecting bassist can't pass up a chance to Les "the man" Claypool play his crazy lines at ungodly speed.

5. I am aware...dont blame me...I was quite under the influence after the show. :oops:

6. I've never seen primus, i don't listen to them much but the few songs i've heard i liked. It's just a matter of me getting off my lazy @ss and either guying some primus CD's or a few clicks on kazaa ... any one want to recomend some fundamental primus albums that i should consider next time i go to hmv?

[/|\]

7. if i was really ina mentaly active mood i'd ahve done that ... but idecided to utilize an over done thread and try and turn it around ... meh whatever, thanks. Gee that sounds kinda like jibberish.

[/|\]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.