Another Pro Steels thread

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Tecx, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I just put a set of Extra-Super Lights on (95/75/55/35), and WOW!!! I am in love, I was tired of years of spending a ton on Lo-Riders... So I tryed something new, and I am glad... Super flexible, very harmonic, and not shrill at all... A+++

ps. perfect for prepaired bass and electro acoustic techniques...
  2. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000

Do they live up to what the ads say? i.e "piano-like tone" ?

I've been using Hi-Beams on one of my basses, but I'd like to find something a little brighter. I had thought about trying a set but thought I'd wait to hear what other players had to say about them.
  3. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Actualy, they do have a very nice piano like tone... but they also have a guitar string like quality - very acoustic sounding... But I have uber light guage on...

4. ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I'm using the light gauge 40-120 on my 5er and i really love the sound. There is a piano like quality but it's not harsh or brittle in the high end like i have found other strings to be. The lows are nice and focused, when i tried them acoustically they seemed to have a lot of overtone ring going on but plugged in they sound great. To my ears they have a nice balance although I sometimes find the low end needs just a bit more definition, nothing that can't be helped with eq.

Overall i'm pretty happy with them and have started using them on some other basses I have.