another Q about my laney

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by miccheck1516, Mar 28, 2003.

1. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    ok so m very sorry if this has been covered before but ive searched and cant find any info on my question.

I have a laney HCM65B hard core max amp (its a combo) and its great for practising in the house and at practises with the band, however is does lack quite a bit of punch when playing live, so i have decided either to get either an avatar B210 or a B410 as to me they both seem faily cheap(i also have a question about teh price but ill leave it till last)

Now seeing as my combo is 65W does that mean when i plug another cab into teh back of my amp i will only get 65W out of it? or am i completly stupid? Through my other post i have established that it will be possible to power another cab from my amp but really i just wanted to know what the output would be with both the combo and cab together i figure the seeing as the avatar 210 is 700 WATTS RMS and my amp is 65 watts rms i will have a total of 765? and the same with the 410 just add the totals up?

Now for the qeustion on price ill use teh 210 as an example again
    'Price: $229 + $35 shipping. List $599'

so is it $229+$35 or $599??

i hate when places give two prices for something :'(

any way, thanks for taking the time to read this mangled mess and thanks in advance........
  2. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    So ... let's begin by the beginning...

What makes your amp loud, is the power amp section.

Pre amp = how it sounds
    Power amp = how loud it's

Both are an amp

If you had an cab to your combo you won't have more power ... it's just that you will divide your power in more speakers, avoid saturation, allow different tones with 15'/10'/8' config.

When it's said avater 2x10' 700watts, it has to be understood as followed:
    -"Son, Don't put more than 700 watts rms in that cab or you will blow it up!! "

3. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    so i will only get 65w from the cab???