another QSC question thread...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Oct 20, 2004.

1. hello, i didn't want to hijack pickles' thread, so i started another one...I've got my Peavey Deltabass, which is 200Watts, and i want to jump up to a QSC power amp, since i also have an ART nightbass SE, which is a preamp (right?). anyways, i figure the pre/power idea is better, so i can't just get a bigger power amp when i decide to go up. i am looking at the QSC RMX 850, which is 300 watts at 4 ohms. (my cab handles 200 watts at 4 ohms, but i was told here on TB that my 1810 should be able to handle more, so i am going 100 watts over).
    anyways, i actually have the same basic questions as pickles...will this work with the ART? can i plug this directly into the 1/4" input of the cab?
    do you think a peavey 1810 can handle an extra 100 watts over?

Thanks everybody!
  2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Hikack wouldn't have bothered me ;)

Yes, the ART nightbass is a preamp (and has lots of effects, I believe).

The RMX850 is a stereo power amp, so it actually has TWO amps that will produce 300W @ 4 ohms. You can use just one side of this amp for 300 watts into your cabinet, you could also run another cabinet off the other side, or you can run the two amps together, "bridged" for 830W into your 4 ohm cabinet!

Since you cab is only supposed to handle 200 watts, I'd stick with using one side of this amp to power it (300 should be fine, just don't push the volume way up), and the other side would leave you room to grow. Someday you could get a 210 cabinet to stack on top to run with the other half of your amp ... or you could save up and get a nice new cab that will handle all 800 watts of bridges power! Lots of options.