1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another question for the Genz Benz guys

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nortonrider, Apr 1, 2009.

1. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    I have a ML200 2X10 combo that I have been running bridged (200 watts) since I got it and am totally happy the way it is.

I just finished reading the manual about the switchable feature and running 2 - 4 ohm cabinets at 100 watts each.
    This is actually pretty cool because I have an SWR Goliath 2X10 cab (4 ohm) to plug in if I ever want to go that way.

My question: If I plug my SWR into one of the 4 ohm outputs and the combo cabinet (8 ohms) into the other 4 ohm output, How much horsepower (watts) are the combos 2X10 speakers actually receiving?
    At what % of efficency would the 8 ohm cab be operating?

Did I word that right?

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    You will get ~100 watts into the 4 ohm cabinet and ~75 watts into the 8 ohm cabinet (from memory).

The reason for this option is that there is some benefit to increasing the speaker numbers and area in terms of efficiency, and also running the 210 combo on top of a 115 or 210 cabinet seems to be a common combination. That way you get the same power distributed into 2 speakers and the net SPL is usually greater.

3. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Thanks agedhorse!
    I figured it was something like that.