Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Rack Rail Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bradley joe, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Hey guys,
    I've asked everyone from SKB to Mackie to every music store associate to every music professional about how to mount a Mackie m1400i power amp to the front and rear rack rails or my rack case and no one seems to know. Mackie even recommends securing both the front and rear rails in the owner's manual but has no clue how to do it. SKB is suprisingly clueless. It seems as though there should be some L shaped brackets that would work. I have the SKB ATA rack case. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Brad

2. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I have 2 power amps in my racks, i have 2, both on th bottom of the rack. You should not have any problems just bolting the front of your amp using the bottom. BTW each one of my racks has a 1400i and a Crown PB3. Never had a problem.

Mike

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I remember reading a thread once that mentioned QSC sells the brackets you're looking for - and they're a universal size so should fit most power amps.

Try their website - or have a word to Bob Lee.....

4. I'll try QSC. I appreciate the info.
    Brad

5. They QSC accessories are very expensive. I just went the local hardware store and bought some angle bracketts and made them fit. They work great and very strong. :D
    cost me about 4 bucks.