Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another reason why it's good to be me!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by malthumb, Aug 29, 2003.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I get to play with yet another cool car this weekend! First it was the HUMMER, then the GTO, now I get to play with the new Cadillac XLR. Too bad it's supposed to rain this weekend. This car is super sweet with the top down.

Here's Cadillac's newest model with my favorite model......

[​IMG]

Peace,

James

2. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Here's the front....

[​IMG]

and the back....

[​IMG]

It has a Northstar V8, 310 hp, and sticker price is in the 70K range.

Peace,

James

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Oh, what the heck....Here we go topless (the car only, of course)

[​IMG]

Peace,

James

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :D

killer car James (looks good on the Mrs too)

5. Nice car! Sorry if I missed the reason, but why do you get to play with all of the fun toys? Have fun.:D

jtbp

6. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    It's part of my job. My group is responsible for all the engines, transmissions, and AWD systems that go in General Motors cars (and some BMWs, Volvos, Isuzus, Suzukis, etc etc). In situations where there is an all new vehicle or an all new engine or transmission combination (the XLR is both) we get preproduction properties to evaluate.

Peace,

James

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

James, I just got the "Car 'n' Driver" reviewing the new Caddy's. I hope you are doing good.

It looks like things are good!:cool:

8. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Whats the straight poop on that car? It looks awsome, think I gotta have one.

Mike

9. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Everything you want to know and more. If you want one, get out your checkbook, liquidate some stocks, refinance the house....

Cadillac XLR

One of the coolest features is that there is no ignition key, no door key, and no door handles. The car senses the key fob if it's in your pocket or briefcase (or purse) and allows you to pull the door open through a small hand slot. You start it by pushing a button on the dash. The key fob has to be inside the car to start it, so no chance of someone jumping in and starting it up while your standing next to it.

Peace,

James

10. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Not as expensive as I thought, certainly not as much as my Lotus. The War Department has approved the purchase, but the Lotus would have to go....tough call to make. Great car, gonna try to find one next week and drive it.

Thanks for the info.

Mike