1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another Relationship Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by eedre, Aug 17, 2007.

1. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    So I've keeping two girls on simmer this summer - trying to figure out which one would work out better.

One, I've talked to long distance - extremely attracted to physically, but when we talk it's like there's nothing to talk about unless I'm asking her questions about what she's been up to etc. We talk about her life 98% of the time. She's coming back home but I'm really worried that if I make anything of this that it'll be one-sided as all hell. It's like asking me about my life doesn't even register with her. I know she's interested because she calls me from time to time but when I talk to her I find that really hard to believe she is interested as the conversations really have no substance and I get stuck thinking to myself "Why did you even call me?"

Second one is really easy to talk to - on and off attraction physically (and I really have to work hard at being attracted). She's local, nice, and genuine but I have to try so hard to get into it. :meh:

Any advice?

2. Well I am a very blunt person, and don't like to complicate things.

So...... what are you interested in?

Do you want a long term relationship, or do you not mind a short term relationship and to just let things happen as they may.

I say go with girl number one for the following reasons.

Even if girl number two may be nice and a easy to talk to, if the attraction is not there, the relationship will not do well. You might want to tell #2 that you'd rather just be friends.

With #1, if you are attracted but a little is lacking in the speech department, I say go for it and see what happens. I know personally I don't like to talk a lot on phones so I let the other person do a lot of the talking for me. In person though, I don't mind talking at all. Things may get better in the future for that, and she may be better in person.

#1 in my book!

3. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Both.

at the same time.

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Bonus points if one isn't aware of the other while you're in the sack with both at the same time.

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

+1

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    +2 to everything Sonic Death said. Trust me, if there's no personal chemistry going on between you and the other person, the relationship's going to become very dull very fast. If you're looking for a fling or whatever, then just hook up with boring but hot chick.

7. Neither. I know you hate to hear it, but if you go out with either of them you'll be unhappy. If you want to put up with the hot one for a month and get some sex out of her you could probaly meet a few of her friends and see if there's anything better on the horizon, but that's not for someone that isn't experienced with walking on thin ice. Sometimes being single is better than settling for "either/or"

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I don't think it's going to work out for you with either of these girls. You might want to try and get a roll with the first one, just for kicks, but I really don't think there is going to be any great relationship to speak of. The relationships which you can get into are the ones that blow up and give you a rush, no sturggle involved. Well, IME.

9. I would say neither. Look elsewhere.

10. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    keep feeling them both out and keep your options open to others that may pop up into your life. In short, play the field until you find the one thats right for YOU.

11. On that note, negative points if they arent't aware that you are there while you're in the sack with both at the same time.

Mike

12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Number 1 is a tease. Trust me.

You shouldn't have to WORK to be attracted to someone. If it's not there, it's not there. Number 2 is a bad choice as well.

I say take option 3, find a new girl.

13. Thisperson

Thisperson

Aug 19, 2004
    Aaron speaks the truth.

14. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i gotta agree with these guys ...
    keep looking around .

15. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    neither.

16. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Another vote for Professor Marvel.

[​IMG]

17. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    well find someone who has both things combined....

18. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    No pics no chicks.