Another Sadowsky bass in the window

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JRBrown, Mar 25, 2003.

1. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Does anyone have experience with Sadowsky PJ basses?
    What are the pros and cons of this model?

Specs: Sadowsky Vintage 4 P/J 1999
    It's rare we get 2 Sadowsky's at the same time so please, keep your trades to yourselves for now! This is one of the livliest ones we have ever had and it is virtually in brand new condition. Lake Placid Blue, alder body, pao ferro fretboard, P/J pickups, Sadowsky preamp, chrome hardware & vintage green pickguard. About 8 1/2 lbs and worth it's weight in gold live or in the studio! Sadowsky lite flite case. $2089.00 -
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That's one of 2 that the Bass Palace recently had/still have. If I had the $$$$, I would like to buy that for myself, but alas, one Sadowsky this year should be sufficant.......

.......HAHAHAHAHAHA, I crack myself up sometimes. :)
  3. I just got one: PJ4 alder with rosewood board. I also have a Sadowsky JJ ash with maple board.

In brief, the PJ4 is wonderful. Tons of full tone, not as scooped (Marcus Miller) sounding or punchy as my swamp ash Sadowsky jazz but great midrange and punchy enough. Superb slap and fingerstyle tones too.

Nice thing about buying a used Sadowsky: if you don't like it you can re-sell with minimal loss.
  4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Wow! I've got the exact bass. Lake placid blue, pj setup, rosewood board!!! I can't believe it. Of course, I say go for it. If you are a regular to this board you know that I am one of the top Sadowsky advocates here. You can't go wrong. Great tone, fretwork, build quality, weight, resale. What else could you ask for. This pj setup was the first one I've had. I was skeptical but now I really enjoy it. It's nice to be able to dial in the "Precision"tone when I need it and still have the nastiest "Jazz" tone. Do yourself a favor and buy it:D