Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Sans Amp/QSC question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aaron f., Aug 18, 2002.

1. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    Manitoba
    I know that an unmodified Sans Amp will not run a QSC power amp to full power, is this dependant on the wattage? Will it power an RMX850 to full but not one of higher wattage?

2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I think the higher-powered amps are designed with more overall gain as well, proportional to the power supply. I could be wrong though, that's a good question.

3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    It depends on the amp model, how hot you set your axe, pre, and power amp, how hard you play, etc.

Apparently the SansAmp BBDI, without modification, can put out enough voltage on its 1/4" output to drive an RMX 850 to full power.

4. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    Manitoba
    Can it output the same voltage through the balanced XLR?

5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Apparently the 1/4" output is hotter than the unmodified XLR output is, but check with Tech21 to make sure.