Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Satisfied Customer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RAM, Jul 11, 2001.

1. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Okay, so you've heard me brag about what great basses Spectors are, you've heard several other people make the same claims.

You've probably read my comments about how the US Spector is as good as it gets, and although some feel others are better, you certainly cannot dispute this:

This afternoon I called up the 800 number for Spector because I had a question regarding the fretboard. The guy who answered the phone was the director of Sales and Marketing (named Mike). He told me that I should talk to a guy named "PJ" who is the National Product Manager in the US.

I talked to Mike for all of 10 minutes, during which my phone rang. As soon as I got off the phone with Mike, I checked my voice-mail and, sure enough, it was PJ calling me! Since then, he and I have spoken several times making sure that all of my concerns are addressed and even told me when he'll be out of the office for this or that, should I have other questions!

Talk about good customer contact...This one's for the ages!:D

2. sounds like they know how to treat a customer the right way...

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    PJ is an old acquaintance of mine (local guy). He's good people and a Spector fanatic;)

4. I once emailed the info address for Spector, asking about the wood on their fretless fingerboards, and Stuart himself responded within a day. I like that.

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, and he was really getting my blood going with some discussions we had yesterday. I didn't have the heart to tell him that while I LOVE my Spector, I've actually been dreaming about...well...you posted a picture in another thread, Brad;)

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I'll admit I'm not easily impressed. That R bass looks amazing.

I had the Spector chats with him too. He loves them... as much as I love my old Tobiases;)

7. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i don't know how good fender's customer service is because i've never had to call.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm just glad that Spector isn't distributed by Armadillo Ent. :mad: any longer!!!! I had a Czech that needed repair & it bounced around for while. In the end, it got sent to Spector where it got done correctly. :)

There have been times more recently that I called & spoke to Stuart directly & my problem was fixed very quickly!!! Gotta love small companies!!!!