Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another school shooting

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FunkySpoo, Apr 24, 2003.

1. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Wow and middle school this time too....sad....

2. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
  3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
  4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

You know it's a pretty sad day when you have to fear for your child's life when you send them off to school.

5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Don't I know it. I have 2 in school. There only in kindergarten and third grade, but still. And to top it off, my wife is a teacher. So yeah I worry about this kinda thing alot.

6. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    or for those that you teach everyday...school security has changed quite a bit.

7. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Hey Tx. How's gym class?

8. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    getting very warm in here...we don't have A/C in our gym, so this time of year in lovely central TX leads to some warm days. "it's not the heat...it's the humidity" (actually it's both!)
    don't want to hijack this thing...sorry.

9. I was in high school in littleton colorado when that school shooting happend at columbine in littleton. Very scary. If you think it can't happen in your community trust me, it can.

I really blame the parents of any school shooting. How can you not know your kid has a gun?

They will probably blame the shooting on system of a down instead of bad parents.

10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    thats scary, these things just keep getting younger and younger...my sister is 7....im startin to wonder when i have to worry about her...

bp13

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Not just kids.

Some of us have parents who teach middle school.

:(

12. Ive been in bomb threat situations before in Middle school, My friend and some other kid found a box in the bathroom that said "Good day, Have a nice life" or something like that and they reported it to the teacher. All the students in the school were put on school buses and driven to the closest high school. The bomb squad came and there really was a crude home made bomb in the boxes, but wouldnt have gone off due to bad wiring or something like that. Scary stuff.

13. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    sad stuff...

now...what the heck is this about?

14. Now, apparently, judging from the last paragraph of that article (also posted by jasonbraatz) :( :(

15. they were helpful? it would've been helpful to know a little bit more about their own child. like...is he walking around with a couple of handguns in his backpack?

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Well, that sucks.

But atleast he did not try to get anyother students... That is a change.

17. There is definately something wrong with us......

:( :( :(

RIP.

18. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    how does a middle school kid get his hands on 3 handguns?

or i guess the real question should be: how does a middle school kid get his hands on 1 handgun...

top notch police work there:rolleyes:

bp13