1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another Schroeder thread...first rehearsal w/ 1210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RicPlaya, Apr 22, 2006.

1. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    I'm not at all affiliated with Schroeder;)

I am just BLOWN AWAY by this product! I purchased a 1210R used from LSD in Michigan (thanks KJUNG:hyper: )..I hooked it up to one side of my old WT800 at 400 watts with a 4 ohm load. The cab works like a charm and it's everything everyone on TB said it was...tight and punchy. It made the whole mix come alive. This thing sounded so phat with the Eden and my Ric. My bandmates were amazed with it...warm, defined, and punchy is how they discribed it. I could not be happier with it. In fact I am getting an Eden Nav and power amp so I can put more power to it and really make this little sucker pump! I think it's all I will need for a long time! Another happy Schroeder owner:cool:

2. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Glad you are enjoying it.

I too have had similar experiences with this same cab. The ratio of volume, size, weight, and tone are just right for me.

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I'm not clear, but is it a 4 or 8 ohm cab??

I borrowed a 4ohm regular 1210 and loved the sound with the band...

4. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    I would love my 1212 even if it was twice the size and weighed twice as much, but since it doesn't, it's not just a damn fine cab but rather a frickin' amazing one. :)

5. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    I've just received my 21012 on Tuesday. That cabinet moves some air! It will be alot easier to move than my 18' Cerwin Vega cab.! I'm definitely sold on Schroeder.

Cheers,
    Jim

6. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I just cant get over how "right" my 1210 sounds with my MarkBass SA450.
    didnt like it with my ABM but now i cant stop playing (maybe too much now) but its every thing i could wish for

7. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    When (If) I ever need a louder cab than my B100R, I'm definitely going to try the Schroeder route. The reviews are too good to ignore.

8. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Very cool! It's a great cab! Enjoy!

K

9. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten

4 ohmer

10. :D

11. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

As far as I know, The 1210 is ONLY offered in 4 ohms. The 1212 comes in both 4 or 8 ohms.

12. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I picked up a Mini 12+ last month and have been waiting patiently to try it out at a gig. It's a 4ohm model that I picked up from a fellow TB'r in Dallas. I'm powering it with a Markbass Little Mark. At 4ohms, the head will be pumping 450 watts into that 500 watt cab.

I have 4 gigs in May and I'll bring both my SWR 1-15 8 ohm cab to two of those gigs to A/B the cabs. I am seriously hoping the Schroeder does the trick. Half the weight, twice the power rating.

I'll start a thread to let everyone know how it does. FYI, in all of the gigs, I'll be playing in a three piece cover band playing everything from the 60's to Green Day and Chilli peppers. I don't know the room sizes yet, but from my experience, my 1-15 cab has been more than enough.

13. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I got a 1210R last month, just played it on my first two gigs. First gig:

My singer thought I brought a monitor in from her car and asked me where my bass rig was- I said "This is it."

"Nuh-uh...c'mon, where's your bass cab?"

"This IS my bass cab."

I set it up on the drum riser. I plugged it in. I stoically endured the disapproving looks from my bandmates. "This is a joke, isn't it?" she asked. I just stared blankly at her.

OK, downbeat time. I flip on the mighty Behringer BX-3000T, and unleash my thumb. You coulda heard the jaws shattering on the floor, coulda heard the whiplash neck-cracking as everyone on stage looked at my little 1210 on the drum riser, appearing to be an afterthought, a small little 1-12" box, but sounding bigger than my old 212 or 410! After the second song, my drummer was grinning from ear to ear, the singer was desperately searching for the hidden cab, and I was laughing inside! :D

Second gig, outside, because of the way the house and carport was built, I was on this little 2' wide spit of concrete with the pool in front of me, and Galveston Intracoastal Waterway (Puddle of Mexico) behind me, about 6 feet down. One thing I must say, that thing CARRIES across water!!! I was way off on the side of the band, on another piece of concrete, and the drummer said he was feeling the bass in both his feet. People who didn't even play music were coming up to me complimenting me on my tone and the way they could FEEL the bass! Amazing! Can't wait to get another one- gotta pay house insurance first though! Might get a 1212L, maybe a 21012L. I'm hooked!

14. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten

Serioulsy I bought this cab on reviews alone. I tried it out at the store at low volumes and put it right on lay away.

15. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Ive been more than happy with the MB +1210 sound. its also impressed both my bands playing the same sort of covers as you
    i know you will love it, good luck

16. DAcat

DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    Iowa
    Dave_Bass5-I'm really glad that you're so happy with your sound. I also love the sound of my Schro 410 so much through my Yorkville XS800 that I have a really hard time quitting playing when its time to stop...I just love :D that sound so much...as does the rest of the band...Peace...DAcat...:cool:

17. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I know what you mean about stopping. im always the first one back in stage for any encores.
    Only problem i have is that i really want to get out in the room and hear for myself how i sound. dont really get to soundcheck at most of our gigs so all i can do is get it sounding good for me and hope its fine outfront.

18. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Dave....like the band's website. Pretty slick.

19. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Cheers.
    Its pretty old now but it does its job

20. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

FYI... Jorg has updated and revised his website. Very nice upgrade. He has pictures of the redesigned mini's, and it looks like the 1010 is back in production (not my personal fave, but I assume for DB it's quite nice).

K