Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another shameless plug of a new bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Feb 5, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I just brought home my new Lakland Skyline 55-01... what a treat! I am totally blown away by the bass... plays great, sounds great, tons of punch, the active circuits dial in whatever you want, and the passive side sounds great too! I got one in the Inca Silver with maple neck, and it looks great as well! The quality of this bass is amazing! I could see this one quickly become one of the main basses I grab when I play! Hopefully pics will follow shortly!

P@

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Congrats on the new bass!:D

I really wish I could find a Lakland dealer around here so I could get a chance to find out what all the hype is about with the new Skylines. Sounds like you got yourself a nice bass.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats. I love mine!!!!! I honestly can say that I like this $700 bass better than alot of the USA Laklands for over $2000. I'm not a big fan of Barts or MM pickups so that's 2 strikes on the 55-94 & 55-02's. I'd like to play a 55-63 that has Bart J's & active pre-amp.

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah, after a while it was pretty obvious that I was gonna grab one.... That's what I've been doing most of the night, is jacking around with it! I lowered the pickups just a tad, to take the edge off and sort of smooth things out.... I will probably raise the action some as well, as I am pretty heavy handed when I play.... I would say go ahead and give it a whirl...

Hey Nino, the Inca Silver is the one I got! It is a great finish, and I will see if I can borrow a digital camera this week and maybe get some pics up by this weekend... I search all over for a pic of the silver with the maple neck, and couldn't find one! I did find a pic of a rosewood neck at Bass Palace... might help you out some!

P@