1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another shameless plug of a new bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Feb 5, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I just brought home my new Lakland Skyline 55-01... what a treat! I am totally blown away by the bass... plays great, sounds great, tons of punch, the active circuits dial in whatever you want, and the passive side sounds great too! I got one in the Inca Silver with maple neck, and it looks great as well! The quality of this bass is amazing! I could see this one quickly become one of the main basses I grab when I play! Hopefully pics will follow shortly!

P@

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Congrats on the new bass!:D

I really wish I could find a Lakland dealer around here so I could get a chance to find out what all the hype is about with the new Skylines. Sounds like you got yourself a nice bass.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats. I love mine!!!!! I honestly can say that I like this $700 bass better than alot of the USA Laklands for over $2000. I'm not a big fan of Barts or MM pickups so that's 2 strikes on the 55-94 & 55-02's. I'd like to play a 55-63 that has Bart J's & active pre-amp.

4. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah, after a while it was pretty obvious that I was gonna grab one.... That's what I've been doing most of the night, is jacking around with it! I lowered the pickups just a tad, to take the edge off and sort of smooth things out.... I will probably raise the action some as well, as I am pretty heavy handed when I play.... I would say go ahead and give it a whirl...

Hey Nino, the Inca Silver is the one I got! It is a great finish, and I will see if I can borrow a digital camera this week and maybe get some pics up by this weekend... I search all over for a pic of the silver with the maple neck, and couldn't find one! I did find a pic of a rosewood neck at Bass Palace... might help you out some!

P@