another significant others thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cronus, Jan 15, 2003.

1. cronus

cronus Guest

Jan 17, 2002
    Romulus, Michigan
    well since theres a thread about posting pics of them, how did you meet them? :cool: maybe ill find one of the idea's cool and get me one like that ;)
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    My girlfriend lived in the room next door to me in my dorm, during my freshman year of college. Very convenient. I could bang on my wall and she would come over. :D

She has been in Spain for six months, and comes home tomorrow!
  3. I met her in Biology class, 3 years ago. Something about the way she gutted that pig fetus...
  4. we met in my dreams....*sigh*
    huh? oh...what?
    i saw her in the hall at school one day and she said hi.
  5. i met my husband when we were 16. i would not date him, just wanted to be friends. then 5 years later we went out on a date and i don't know. i realized i loved him just as much back. he stated he has loved me since we were 16. sigh. what a sweetheart. we were married 6 months later, and on jan. 17, it will be our 16 year anniversary. i just pray we have 40 more. he is my heart and soul. my love, my life. :)
  6. It's that thing at the end of my right arm. I was born with it. Like a match made in heaven. (or the womb...) :D :rolleyes:
  7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Drummers girlfriend.....

He was a complete ass, and was cheating on her. she found out. still liked him, then met me.
    Needless to say he left the band. funny, a DRUMMER who had the ego.
  8. I lived in an apartment complex in downtown Chicago that had four identical 50 story towers. I lived on the 29th floor in tower 1. She lived on the 29th floor in tower 2. We saw each other through the windows from time to time. I knew what she looked like after a while. I finally met her at the Bennigan's in the lobby of the complex (by the bar). It was love at first sight. Well be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary on May 1st.
  9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I took a job as the fix it guy at a local zoo/shelter here in Ocean County NJ. I would sit in the bosses office BS'ing at the end of the day and kept picking up and reading this one application on the edge of his desk.... after a few days I asked if he was hiring her, he said something about being a "correctly filled out" application and that she was coming by to check the place out :cool:

well, days passed and I was sitting in the sun, finishing my lunchtime smoke (I've since quit) when...

:eek: Lordy who's that vision in a jean skirt!!!

Joe hired her! She started on a Monday and I took her out that Friday, a month later we were apartment hunting.... 7 years later and she's the love of my life and my best friend (guess I should get off my butt and marry her). She's got the ring... we just need to get to picking the date :D
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I was kicked out of a Powerhouse Gym at 5PM on a Sunday. So I rode my bike. Which in Troy, MI is dangerous. I stopped at a 7-11 for a Coke. And another bike was parked outside. I went in, a cute girl in line looked at me. We chatted outside, and she invited me to her parents house. I went, and we talked, and have been married almost 11 years.
  11. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I suppose that means you won't be doing any Talkbass stuff tomorrow night! Have fun, ain't reunions great??:D

BTW, I met my wife (of 11 years-and 2 kids now) on spring break--who says romance can't blossom in 4 days??;)
  12. I met my girlfriend in my science class in 8th grade. I remember walking into the class with my head down cause I wasn't feeling too well that day. I had just thrown my stuff on the floor and sat down. I lifted my head from the desk and she just walked in and brightened my day in an instant. It took me a year to ask her out though... But we've been together for 14 months now! :D
  13. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Geez, Herm - you pervert. The two buildings at the Presidential Towers are almost a block apart. You must have been using a telescope, that essential piece of city highrise living! A man after my own heart... ;)

My wife was my managing editor at the college newspaper...
  14. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Managed to take the next two days off of work, too. :D
  15. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Watch out for carpet burns!
  16. Did I mention that I was Nak....

Oh never mind. Too much information.

Not exactly a block apart. 120 feet 3 inches according to the range finder on my night goggles.
  17. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    LMAO at the last TWO posts. :D:D
  18. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Met her at church at 16. She thought I was cute. I thought she was hot (and had a nice butt;) ) I asked her out. That was July '98. Nov. '00 we got married. It's been a great 2 + years, and in a few short weeks, our first kiddo is due!:D
    It was/is a case of love at first site. Ain't life grand?
  19. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    well, my cousin met my girlfriend when he was lifeguiarding, and he tried to hit on her, didn't work. she saw me with him, and got my screen anme off of him. a week later, we started talking, and met at a basketball gae, then got together on new years. it's been a little over a year, and it's been one of the best years of my life.
  20. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Congratulations!!! I can already hear those wonderful, heart-felt words: "please don't mess with Daddy's guitar...":D