another sketchy Ric on CL

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LouieV2, May 24, 2012.

1. LouieV2

LouieV2

Jan 9, 2011
    Boston, MA
    http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/msg/3033839823.html

Just last week there was another Ric with all the electronics missing as well on the local classifieds for $300.. I dont think this is a coincidence.

the other one could have passed as a real one, even though I was skeptical, but this one is even more sketchy.

What do you guys think?

2. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    That one actually looks more legit, at least to me. Missing an awful lot of stuff, but likely to make a good project.
    People did some weird stuff to those basses back in the day.

3. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I disclose nothing
    This looks like a real 70s 4001 with the frets removed.

They also removed the bridge pickup and the electronics. Maybe the neck pickup is wired directly to the output jack?

$500 is not a bad price. It could be restored. It could be a fun restoration project that would make a nice one of a kind fretless 4001.

Big question ... Does it have a jack plate with a serial number?

4. LouieV2

LouieV2

Jan 9, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Im going to call and ask a few questions.. If he tells me that it has the serial on the jack plate, dual truss rods, and the stereo (although it probably wouldnt be functional as is) I may just go take a look.

Edit: he said its sold

5. the wako kid

the wako kid

May 11, 2011
    Denver,CO
    you need to stop wasting time on TB and call the sellers before they get sold on you.

6. LouieV2

LouieV2

Jan 9, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I call as soon as I see it.. He didnt pick up the first time haha

7. As of 1:36PM EDT, the listing is deleted.

8. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    Did anyone save a pic?

9. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I'd hit it. But that's what happens when these deals pop up, you just gotta be ready to jump on them with the cash in hand. Otherwise, they're gone in hours- even minutes.

10. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    weird, still works for me. wonder if its in my cache, because i looked at it earlier...

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021